Interpersonal Communication Skills Training Courses & Workshops in Singapore
What is Interpersonal Communication?
Interpersonal communication is the method by which individuals exchange information, feelings, and meaning through verbal and non-verbal communications. With interpersonal communication is not only about what is truly said, the language used, but rather how it is said and the non-verbal communications sent through facial expressions, voice tonality, gestures and body language.
When two or more individuals are in the same place and are conscious of each other’s behaviour, then communication is taking place, no matter how indirect or subtle. Without speech, an individual may be using cues of facial expression, posture and dress to form an opinion of the other’s emotional state, personality, role and intentions. Although no communication may be indicated, individuals receive messages through such forms of non-verbal behaviour.
In plain words, the communication between two individuals is referred to as Interpersonal communication. It is one of the fundamental means of communication. The Interpersonal communication skills can be enhanced through practice, knowledge and feedback. Interpersonal Communication takes place when two individuals are at the same place and aware of each other’s presence, no matter how unintentional it is. Interpersonal communication may not be in the form of speech; it may be a gesture, an expression, the dress, or the body. The primary factor is there should be a message, and it should be sent by the sender, and the receiver should receive it.
List of Interpersonal Communication Skills Courses in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 101: Interpersonal Communication Course
Interpersonal Communication Course 1: 10 Common Presentation Mistakes Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 2: Active Listening Skills Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 3: Body Language Skills Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 4: Building Rapport Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 5: Critical Thinking Skills Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 6: Conflict Resolution In The Workplace Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 7: Delivering Great Presentations Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 8: Developing A Powerful Voice Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 9: Effective Business Writing Skills Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 10: Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 11: Empathy At Work Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 12: Empathic Listening Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 13: Having Difficult Conversations Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 14: Intercultural Communication Fundamentals Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 15: Negotiation Skills Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 16: Non-Verbal Communication Skills Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 17: Persuasive Writing Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 18: Powers Of Persuasion Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 19: Reading Micro-Expressions Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 20: Six Thinking Hats Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 21: Telephone Etiquette Course in Singapore
Interpersonal Communication Course 22: Writing Effective Emails Course in Singapore
What Are The Benefits of Interpersonal Communication?
Practical interpersonal communication skills can assist you during the job interview process as interviewers look for candidates who can work well with others. Interpersonal communication skills will also help you thrive in almost any job by helping you know other people and adapting your approach to work collectively effectively. This is notably true as more organisations implement agile collaborative frameworks for getting work done. Employers will be on the lookout for employees who can both perform technical tasks with distinction and communicate well with co-workers.
- Deliver and collect information.
- Influence and change the attitudes and behaviour of others.
- Establish contacts and maintain deep relationships.
- Express personal needs and understand the needs of others.
- Provide and receive emotional support.
- Make better decisions
- Ability to solve problems
- Anticipate and predict people’s behaviour.
How Has Technology Affected Interpersonal Communication Skills?
Technology has presented the opportunity for quick worldwide access, but people who heavily depend on it as their main method of communication are limiting their own development of interpersonal communication skills (Johnson, Chandra). Only 7% of communication is written or verbal, whereas 93% is nonverbal (Tardanico). Nonverbal communication skills cannot be acquired, nor be further strengthened if there is too much communication through electronics because there isn’t a way for the receiver to see facial expressions, body language, or hear the tone or even the inflexion in the voice (Johnson, Chandra). According to communication experts and psychologists, listening and understanding conversations play a tremendous role in effective interpersonal communication abilities (Robinson, Segal, and Smith).
Communication experts advise handling conflict face to face only because it reduces the potential for miscommunication (Wimer). Experimentation has shown that when children interact too often on electronic devices, the proper stimulation and development of the neurotransmitter pathways do not occur, and so neuropathways are forced to change in order to adapt. Possible risks consist of the inability to have profoundly personal relationships, incapable of concentrating accurately, causes issues with self-esteem, or they might not be able to develop the much needed empathetic and sympathetic abilities (Johnson). Worldwide organisation surveys show 1 in every 5 organisations have chosen not to fill positions because the job candidates do not have the much-desired interpersonal communication skills, but most of them are quite sufficient navigating social media websites.
How to Improve Interpersonal Communication Skills
While interpersonal expertise can seem an easy task to practice when you connect to others regularly, creating a deliberate plan might help you quickly enhance. Consider using ways to strengthen your interpersonal expertise:
- Sign up for workshops or classes on the web like here on Knowles Training Institute. There are many workshops, courses on the internet and clips on methods for you to practice setting up interpersonal skills. Even though many are free of charge, some can be found at a price.
- Seek out chances to build associations. If you home based or usually do not otherwise have numerous opportunities to create interpersonal skills, you may consider joining an organization. This may be related to your projects like networking or industry-specific groupings, or only an organization that shares a same interest or activity.
- Come to be thoughtful about methods your relationships could improve. Remember to review the connections you might have and consider techniques you might have interacted better. This might be sure words you explained, techniques you reacted or body gestures you used.
- Ask trusted good friends or co-workers for constructive criticism. It is helpful to get yourself a third-party viewpoint about your level of skill and specific methods for you to improve. Ask good friends or trusted acquaintances to supply constructive criticism relating to your interpersonal skills.
- Observe other constructive interpersonal interactions. It is also helpful to find out by discovering others apply interpersonal expertise. Observe positive relationships of those around you and implement those characteristics you admire to your personal relationships.
- Look for mentorship. Asking a person you have faith in, admire and esteem to give you advice on enhancing interpersonal abilities and advancing in your job overall is an extremely effective solution to learn.