Empathy At Work Course in Singapore
Empathy at Work Training Course in Singapore
Empathy is an emotional capability to relate to a person’s feelings. It is often analogized as “walking on someone’s shoes.” In the workplace, empathy for others enhances a strong, tight-knit relationship that can overcome emotional stresses together. Learning to be empathic helps an individual to avoid offending someone and jumping to the wrong conclusions.
Can You Teach Empathy?
Lasting empathy can’t be taught overnight, but the foundations of empathetic skills can be immediately visible through encouragements and instructions. In a study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, researchers succeeded in applying empathy in situations involving racism. Their participants were shown a video of a black man experiencing discrimination while going through regular public interactions.
After being asked to imagine the black man’s feelings and their own if it happened to them, the tests later showed less bias. Empathy training is also one of the most effective ways to teach empathy. According to a Forbes article, customer satisfaction increased by 6% after only six weeks when a former Telefonica Germany CEO provided it to his employees.
This Empathy At Work workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Empathy At Work.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Empathy At Work course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Empathy At Work workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Empathy At Work course
- Empathy builds employee loyalty to business goals leading to better business outcomes
- Empathy leads to improved interpersonal relations and helps business gain competitive advantage
- Empathy leads to enhanced employee morale and productivity at the workplace
- Empathy allows employees to effectively deal with stressors and workplace anxiety thus reducing employee absenteeism and turnover
- Empathy builds conscientious and people oriented leaders at the workplace.
- Empathy impacts on better customer relationships and elevates customer satisfaction.
- Empathy improves cultural competence
- Empathy fuels effective collaboration with employers, employers, clients and business partners
- Empathy builds productivity
- Empathy is at the core of a business mission
- Gain knowledge on empathy process and how it impacts on employees and organizations.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Empathy At Work course
- Understand the meaning and value of empathy at the workplace.
- Understand why leaders should practice empathy towards the employees at the workplace.
- Learn the elements and characteristics of empathy at the workplace.
- Factors to consider when expressing empathy toward employees at the workplace.
- Know the attributes of an empathetic leader at the workplace.
- Acquire the strategies of creating and sustaining empathy at the workplace for professionals.
- Know the basic fundamentals and guidelines of practicing empathy at the workplace.
- Appreciate the role played by effective communication in creating empathy at the workplace.
- Learn the tips of building and integrating empathy in the working environment.
- Learn the steps and process of creating and achieving empathy at the workplace.
- Learn the techniques of setting boundaries to refrain employees from abusing empathy.
- Understand the professional skills needed for exercising empathy at the workplace.
- Discover the ways and methods of improving employee empathy at the workplace.
Below is the list of course content of our Empathy At Work training programme
Empathy is the ability to understand other people’s emotions and what they’re thinking or feeling. Empathy helps us better connect with those around us.
- Define Empathy
- Can You Teach Empathy?
- Why Some People Lack Empathy
- Traits of Empathic People
- 5 Reasons Why Workplace Empathy Is Crucial
- Reasons Why Companies Struggle With Empathy
- Quick real-life story on workplace empathy
- The clear difference between empathy, sympathy, and compassion with examples for each
- Why empathy in the workplace does not happen overnight
- State 3 major differences between listening vs hearing
- Reasons why you should not automatically assume the worst in people
- Ways to walk in your colleagues’ shoes
- Ways to form a deep connection with someone with examples for each
- Questions that will make you a more empathic person
- Ways to avoid making assumptions with real-life examples
- 10 difficult personalities and 2 examples on how to deal with each one of them
- Reasons why empathy is a crucial leadership skill
- Powerful ways to be a more empathetic leader
- Proven ways to build and improve empathy in the workplace
- Activities for building empathy in adults
- 6 pretty clear signs you’re being taken advantage of at work and how to prevent it from happening 44
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Empathy At Work course
Empathy At Work Learner’s Guide
Empathy At Work Key Takeaways Notes
Empathy At Work Essentials Ebook
Empathy At Work Course Handouts
Empathy At Work 30-Day Action Plan
Empathy At Work MindMaps Pack
Empathy At Work PPT Slides Used During Course
Empathy At Work Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Empathy At Work E-Learning Course
Empathy At Work Online Video Course
Empathy At Work Essentials Audiobook
Empathy At Work Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Empathy At Work training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Empathy At Work training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Empathy At Work training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Empathy At Work course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Empathy At Work course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.