Winning Support For A Project Course in Singapore
Winning Support For A Project Course in Singapore
About This Course
According to the Project Management Institute (PMI), projects go off the rails 90% of the time due to poor communication with the project’s stakeholders. Without constructive buy-in from project stakeholders, success is all but impossible.
Stakeholders are any individual or group of people affected by a project. They are a project manager’s greatest challenge, but also their greatest asset. A big part of the challenge of managing stakeholder is the fact that there are different types of them.
They include the project sponsor, primary and secondary customers, and the project team.
Project sponsors own the project and have the overall accountability for it. They are the starting point of any project and the most important stakeholder.
Primary customers are those directly affected by the project are primary customers. Secondary customers are those indirectly affected by the project. The project team are those who contribute to the overall project objectives and complete individual deliverables. They provide the needed expertise and work with users to determine their business needs. They are also responsible for project documentation.
Depending on their interest in the project and their power of influence over it, these groups have need different goals, needs, and expectations. Effectively managing all the project stakeholders is the only way to win support for a project.
This course helps participants identify key project stakeholders and identify their different requirements at various stages of the operation. At the end of the course, participants will have the tools to build strong relationships with different project stakeholders that wins them ongoing support for their projects.
This Winning Support For A Project workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Winning Support For A Project.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Winning Support For A Project course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Winning Support For A Project workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Winning Support For A Project course
- Successful project completion.
- Reduce project-related stress.
- Avoid project delays.
- Build solid stakeholder relationships
- Career advancement and fulfillment.
- Guarantee project buy-in and support.
- Build your communication and negotiating skills.
- Transform difficult stakeholders into project partners.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Winning Support For A Project course
- Explain the importance of winning support from different groups of project stakeholders.
- Identify different project stakeholders.
- Categorize stakeholders in terms of interest and power/influence.
- List the goals, needs, and expectations of different stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with different project stakeholders.
- Tailor sales pitch to different stakeholders.
- Reduce any stakeholders concerns that come up during the project.
- Create a plan to deal with stakeholders external to the organization.
- Avoid actions that create stakeholder conflicts.
- Resolve conflicting stakeholder interests.
- Engage with different project stakeholders promptly.
- Recognize when to escalate issues with different project stakeholders.
- Understand how cultural differences influences how you manage stakeholder relationships.
- Keep stakeholders engaged in the process from start to finish.
Below is the list of course content of our Winning Support For A Project training course
- Project management basics.
- How to identify project stakeholders.
- Roles of different project stakeholders.
- Factors that influence the management of stakeholder relationships.
- Main reasons why stakeholder relationships fail.
- Difference between power and influence and how it affects projects.
- How to identify different project stakeholders goals, needs, and expectations.
- Skills and tools that help improve stakeholder relationship management.
- Effective communicate styles for different stakeholders
- How to craft the perfect sales pitch to match different stakeholders.
- The art of negotiation – creating win-win moments for stakeholders.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Winning Support For A Project course
Winning Support For A Project Learner’s Guide
Winning Support For A Project Key Takeaways Notes
Winning Support For A Project Essentials Ebook
Winning Support For A Project Course Handouts
Winning Support For A Project 30-Day Action Plan
Winning Support For A Project MindMaps Pack
Winning Support For A Project PPT Slides Used During Course
Winning Support For A Project Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Winning Support For A Project E-Learning Course
Winning Support For A Project Online Video Course
Winning Support For A Project Essentials Audiobook
Winning Support For A Project Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Winning Support For A Project training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Winning Support For A Project training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Winning Support For A Project training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Winning Support For A Project course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Winning Support For A Project course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.