Benefits Management Course in Singapore
Benefits Management Course in Singapore
Benefits management, also known as benefits realization management, is a tool for managing and maximizing benefits out of a business project or program. As the name suggests, it is centered on the outcomes, which are the benefits, that is incorporated in every step of the project, making sure that they are still in line with the business strategies being employed. Benefits management is one of the detailed and structured instruments being used to direct effective changes in a company.
It is of the general opinion that benefits management is one of the most difficult tools to use in business. One of the reasons is that benefits may be difficult to identify or quantify. Hence, formulating a benefits management framework needs complete knowledge of the project and the whole business case. Benefits come into fruition through analysis and change implementation, which then implies that a project has been successful in its delivery.
This course will introduce the participants to the complexities of benefits management and its importance in the grand scheme of maximizing value for a worthwhile change or investment.
This Benefits Management workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Benefits Management.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Benefits Management course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Benefits Management workshop is 1 full day. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 2 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
1 Full Day
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Benefits Management course
• Teaches the participant with a benefits-focused approach in planning and organizing projects or programs
• Teaches the participant to be proactive in managing the everyday tasks brought by benefits management
• Provides the participant with a forecast on the expected benefits, the value of said benefits, and impact
• Trains the participant to identify tangible and non-tangible benefits and quantifiable and non-quantifiable benefits
• Teaches the participant to maximize the value of business outcomes for a more successful result and delivery
• Ensures the relevance between the desired outcomes and the strategies to be applied for a valuable benefit
Below is the list of course objectives of our Benefits Management course
• Understand the concept of benefits in the business sense
• Define what is benefits management
• State the importance and purpose of benefits management
• Identify the human resources involved in benefits management
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of each people involved in benefits management
• Understand the concepts and principles involved in benefits management
• Integrate benefits management and business cases
• Learn to develop and modify frameworks for benefits management of different projects
• Follow the steps in the process of benefits management
• Conduct a portfolio level benefits management approach for an organized benefits management
• Identify the major concerns and challenges being encountered in conducting benefits management
• Study different case studies concerning benefits management
• Create a benefits management framework based on an example business project
Below is the list of course content of our Benefits Management training programme course
• Introduction: What do benefits mean in business?
• What is the definition of benefits management?
• What is the importance and purpose of benefits management?
• Who are the people involved in benefits management and what are their responsibilities?
• What are the concepts and principles involved in benefits management?
• Connecting benefits management and business case
• Developing a framework for benefits management
• What are the steps to follow in the process of benefits management?
• Performing a portfolio level benefits management approach
• What are the major challenges encountered in benefits management?
• Case studies on benefits management
• Activity: Make a benefits management framework out of a given case study.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Benefits Management course
Benefits Management Learner’s Guide
Benefits Management Key Takeaways Notes
Benefits Management Essentials Ebook
Benefits Management Course Handouts
Benefits Management 30-Day Action Plan
Benefits Management MindMaps Pack
Benefits Management PPT Slides Used During Course
Benefits Management Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Benefits Management E-Learning Course
Benefits Management Online Video Course
Benefits Management Essentials Audiobook
Benefits Management Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Benefits Management training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Benefits Management training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Benefits Management training course
Knowles Training Institute, 15 Changi Business Park Crescent, #05-06, Haite Building, Singapore 486006
Nearest Mrt Station: Singapore Expo MRT Station, Upper Changi MRT Station
Bus: Free Shuttle Bus from Changi City Point at 10 minutes Frequency
Drive: Ample of Parking Available. Quick Access to PIE, ECP & TPE
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Benefits Management course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Benefits Management course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.