Avoiding Micromanagement Course in Singapore
Avoiding Micromanagement Course in Singapore
Micromanagement is one of the negative practices when it comes to business. Being monitored every second and with every decision questioned drains the drive and motivation out of an individual. Discover the ways on how to avoid micromanagement before it’s too late and be conscious of not becoming a micromanager yourself.
This Avoiding Micromanagement workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Avoiding Micromanagement.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Avoiding Micromanagement course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Avoiding Micromanagement workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Avoiding Micromanagement course
- Know what micromanagement is all about to know how to deal with it
- Learn how to spot a micromanager in the workplace and deal with one
- Avoid micromanaging your employees to help them develop as better people and not restrict them with their capabilities
- Be better at prioritizing tasks and goals and be more efficient with it
- Allow workers to perform their job independently and efficiently
- Be aware of how micromanaging can negatively impact the workplace
- Be self-aware if you are a micromanager and how you can change it
- Know how to deal with micromanagers if you work with or work for one
- Communicate effectively so the micromanager gains confidence
- Understand why micromanagers are the way they are and the motivations behind it
- Differentiate micromanagers from leaders and how being a leader is better than being a micromanager
- Transform from being a micromanager to a leader and be a better manager for your employees
Below is the list of course objectives of our Avoiding Micromanagement course
- Define micromanagement and know what it really stands for especially in the workplace
- Enumerate signs of micromanagement either by your manager or your own self
- Know if you are a micromanager or not and be more self-aware to apply some changes
- How to deal with micromanagers especially if you work with one or if your boss is one
- Identify reasons for micromanaging and the motivations to why people do it
- Avoid being a micromanager and be an effective and better leader instead
- Build trust with employees to do their jobs with motivation and efficiency
- Refine to-do list by prioritizing tasks and projects that matter most
- Help team members excel on their own without restricting their freedom
- Delegate tasks consistently and let employees make decisions regarding work
- Provide feedback to help team members actualize the vision you have without controlling
- Create a culture of effective learning applicable in the workplace for the employees to benefit on
Below is the list of course benefits of our Avoiding Micromanagement training programme content
Signs of Micromanagement
- Utter resistance to effectively delegate work to employees in the workplace
- Forcibly immersing his/her self in work assigned to others even without their permission
- Discouraging and not allowing employees to make decisions and restricting them to do their jobs
How to Avoid Micromanaging
- Pick the right qualified people to do the job to prevent wrong delegation
- Practice consistent and clear and concise communication with employees
- Do not keep control of the situation and allow people to decide with what they want to do with their jobs
- What isso wrong and unacceptable with micromanaging in the workplace?
- How to deal with micromanagersespecially if you work with or for one
- The negative effects of micromanagement in behaviors, Workplace culture, and its Consequences
- Enumerate the signs that you might be a Micromanager without you knowing it
- How Micromanagement can hurt your business and everything around it
- The difference between Micromanagers vs. Leaders and how one is better than the other
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Avoiding Micromanagement course
Avoiding Micromanagement Learner’s Guide
Avoiding Micromanagement Key Takeaways Notes
Avoiding Micromanagement Essentials Ebook
Avoiding Micromanagement Course Handouts
Avoiding Micromanagement 30-Day Action Plan
Avoiding Micromanagement MindMaps Pack
Avoiding Micromanagement PPT Slides Used During Course
Avoiding Micromanagement Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Avoiding Micromanagement E-Learning Course
Avoiding Micromanagement Online Video Course
Avoiding Micromanagement Essentials Audiobook
Avoiding Micromanagement Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Avoiding Micromanagement training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Avoiding Micromanagement training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Avoiding Micromanagement training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Avoiding Micromanagement course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Avoiding Micromanagement course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.