Work Breakdown Structures Course in Singapore
Work Breakdown Structures Course in Singapore
For a project to be successful, extra care and attention must be given to the implementation of planning techniques that define the project’s objectives in complete detail. Poorly defined project scope and unclear role and responsibility assignments can cause projects to get out of control quickly.
A work breakdown structure is defined by the Project Management Body of Knowledge as a deliverable-oriented ranking and presentation of the work to be executed by the project team. It is a valuable tool that helps project managers reveal the scope of project work and efficiently communicate the tasks and processes involved to execute the project with relevant stakeholders.
In addition to identifying and organizing the project work, the work breakdown structure has many other benefits. It can be used to create an initial project budget as costs can be associated with the activities listed. Since this tool breaks down roles by the individual departments, departmental budgets can also be calculated. These budgets would need to be reviewed carefully though to make sure they are optimally suited to the project’s objectives.
The ability to find potential risks in a given project or quickly identify the significant deliverables impacted by an associated process is another benefit of using work breakdown structures.
While some project management activities can be carried out by one person, the Work Breakdown Structure is not one of them as multiple components of the project are under review, and the project manager rarely has knowledge on all of them. It requires numerous inputs and perspectives for the given project. Project managers must bring together key stakeholders to determine and describe the project statement, highlight all required phases, create deliverables (end-results), divide deliverables into manageable tasks and assign project team members to specific tasks.
This course highlights the importance of the work breakdown structure and how it relates to the overall success of a project. Participants, at the end of the course, have a better understanding of the project management processes associated with creating and verifying work breakdown structures.
This Work Breakdown Structures workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Work Breakdown Structures.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Work Breakdown Structures course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Work Breakdown Structures workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Work Breakdown Structures course
● Improve how project scope is defined.
● Organize project work effectively.
● Better assignment of accountabilities and responsibilities.
● Develop new skills and improve existing ones.
● Timely delivery of project objectives.
● Boost team collaboration and productivity.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Work Breakdown Structures course
● Identify all the tasks in a project
● Describe what is involved with each task
● Use the skills and techniques taught to create a complete work breakdown structure in either graphic or outline format.
● Be able to identify who or which teams are responsible for each specific activity outlines in the work breakdown structure.
● Help human resources manage project team assignments.
● Manage the project schedule and determine the project timeline.
● Manage and measure the quality of project deliverables.
● Better anticipate the impact of enterprise environmental factors.
● Identify organizational process assets.
● Better track the overall progress of a project
● Use work breakdown structures as a tool for better team brainstorming and collaboration
● Provides a visual of the entire project scope.
● Promptly know when deliverables are falling behind schedule.
● Identify potential scope risks.
Below is the list of course content of our Work Breakdown Structures training programme course
● What are work breakdown structures?
● Purpose of work breakdown structures.
● How to use a work breakdown structures.
● Advantages of work breakdown structures.
● Disadvantages of work breakdown structures.
● Guidelines to consider when creating a work breakdown structure.
● Critical components of work breakdown structures.
● Determine and describe the project statement.
● Highlight all required phases
● Create deliverables (end-results).
● Divide deliverables into manageable tasks.
● Assign project team members to specific tasks.
● Tools to create a work breakdown structure.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Work Breakdown Structures course
Work Breakdown Structures Learner’s Guide
Work Breakdown Structures Key Takeaways Notes
Work Breakdown Structures Essentials Ebook
Work Breakdown Structures Course Handouts
Work Breakdown Structures 30-Day Action Plan
Work Breakdown Structures MindMaps Pack
Work Breakdown Structures PPT Slides Used During Course
Work Breakdown Structures Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Work Breakdown Structures E-Learning Course
Work Breakdown Structures Online Video Course
Work Breakdown Structures Essentials Audiobook
Work Breakdown Structures Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Work Breakdown Structures training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Work Breakdown Structures training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Work Breakdown Structures training course
Contact us for the latest Work Breakdown Structures course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Work Breakdown Structures course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.