Planning Large Projects And Programs Course in Singapore
Planning Large Projects And Programs Course in Singapore
In 2005, the National Health Service (NHS), the publicly funded healthcare system for England, took on a large project. They set out to create the world’s largest single civilian computer system linking all parts of the National Health Service. They called it the NHS National Programme for IT (NPfIT).
The estimated budget for the project was £12b. The plan was a colossal failure. 2011 saw it abandoned after accumulating about £2.7bn in sunk costs. Poor strategy and insufficient business planning were some of the reasons given for the projects failures.
Planning larger projects or programs is difficult due to the complexity involved. There are more people to communicate with, more information to document, more plans to incorporate and more contingencies to put in place. Adding to the level of difficulty is the fact that any errors have more severe consequences than those made working on smaller projects.
The key to the effective planning of a large project or program is creating simple yet disciplined processes that permeate throughout the program’s organization. Stakeholder and sponsor commitment to these processes is critical to their success.
Project managers on large-scale projects should begin their planning with thoughtful activity definition, sequencing, and resource estimating. To ensure the inclusion of all aspects, they should tie these into the program’s development life cycle steps. Once the initial plan is created and documented it must be continually maintained and updated to keep the project in check.
This course walks participants through the complexities of managing large projects and programs. At the end of the course, they’ll have tools, tips, and techniques to effectively manage large-scale projects and successfully handle any challenges they encounter.
This Planning Large Projects And Programs workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Planning Large Projects And Programs.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Planning Large Projects And Programs course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Planning Large Projects And Programs workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Planning Large Projects And Programs course
● Improve team collaboration and productivity.
● Develop large-scale project management skills.
● Better analyze and evaluate large-scale project risks.
● Build stronger project teams.
● Enhance stakeholder satisfaction.
● Better utilization of resources.
● Career advancement.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Planning Large Projects And Programs course
● List the characteristics of large projects.
● Identify the challenges of managing large projects.
● Explain the rules that need to follow when planning for large projects.
● Avoid common mistakes when planning large projects.
● Define the scope and deliverables of a large project accurately.
● Effectively manage “scope creep” and similar issues.
● Know how to mitigate various types of risk on large projects.
● Identify the project’s life cycle steps for accurate planning.
● Tailor contracts to address uncertainty in the project
● Create well-designed and comprehensive agreements that are easy to understand and implement.
● Meet critical project milestones and business objectives.
● Know how to use standard estimating models and templates.
● Update project plans promptly.
Below is the list of course content of our Planning Large Projects And Programs training programme course
● Characteristics of large projects.
● Challenges of managing large projects.
● Rules for planning large projects.
● Common mistakes to avoid when managing large-scale projects.
● Develop a significant project change management process.
● Define the scope and deliverables of a large project.
● Secure the sponsor’s and major stakeholders’ approvals.
● Creating communication channels for different project stakeholders
● How to produce contracts for large projects.
● Assess risk and building contingencies.
● Update and maintain project plans.
● Create and maintain real-time dashboards.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Planning Large Projects And Programs course
Planning Large Projects And Programs Learner’s Guide
Planning Large Projects And Programs Key Takeaways Notes
Planning Large Projects And Programs Essentials Ebook
Planning Large Projects And Programs Course Handouts
Planning Large Projects And Programs 30-Day Action Plan
Planning Large Projects And Programs MindMaps Pack
Planning Large Projects And Programs PPT Slides Used During Course
Planning Large Projects And Programs Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Planning Large Projects And Programs E-Learning Course
Planning Large Projects And Programs Online Video Course
Planning Large Projects And Programs Essentials Audiobook
Planning Large Projects And Programs Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Planning Large Projects And Programs training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Planning Large Projects And Programs training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Planning Large Projects And Programs training course
Contact us for the latest Planning Large Projects And Programs course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Planning Large Projects And Programs course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.