Personal Branding Course in Singapore
Personal Branding Course in Singapore
Personal branding is marketing yourself and your career as a brand. The concept comes from self-packaging. It is an on-going process that helps you establish the prescribed impression or image in the mind of others. It involves the application of an individual’s name to different products.
Your brand is an emotion or a perception, maintained by someone other than you. The relationship between consumers and brands ought to be continuously made and remade. You need to continue reinforcing your brand and visibility. Personal branding course helps you to create a consistent and targeted impression that helps you achieve your personal and professional goals. You should be focused on determining what you want and the activities you are enjoying.
Napoleon Hill introduced personal branding or individual branding or self-positioning in 1937 in his book: Think and Grow Rich. His ideas surfaced in later texts such as Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind by Jack Trout and AI Ries. They argue you can use positioning strategies to advance your career.
Personal branding has got to a new level, thanks to the popularity of the internet. There is now a need to manage your online identities. Despite being virtual, online identity and social media can affect your life. People want to portray themselves in a given way to their social circle.
Nowadays, employers have placed a lot of emphasis on personal branding. Employers use social media tools to vet candidates before offering them jobs. The techniques involve checking social media profiles and carrying out extensive background checks using search engines and other vital tools.
This Personal Branding workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Personal Branding.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Personal Branding course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Personal Branding workshop is 1 full day. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 2 full days, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
1 Full Day
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below Is The List Of Course Benefits Of Our Personal Branding Course
- Develop Confidence
- Showcase Your Expertise
- Building Strong Relationships With Your Audience
- Focus Your Energy On Important Things
- Know Your Weaknesses And Strengths
- Curate Your Web Presence
- Reinvent Yourself
Below Is The List Of Course Objectives Of Our Personal Branding Course
- Define Your Image.
- Control Your Image.
- Understand How To Sharpen Your Brand.
- Use Social Media Appropriately.
- Manage Your Brand In A Crisis.
- Develop A Professional Appearance.
Below Is The List Of Course Content Of Our Personal Branding Training Course
In the information age, personal branding is necessary for the success of any company or individual. Failing to manage personal branding can lead to misinformation about you or your company becoming public. Taking control of your public image is no longer an option. Identifying and using the tools that affect personal branding correctly will ensure that the public sees the image that you want them to see. A positive brand is necessary for success.
Personal Branding Workshop – Part 1: Defining Yourself
You are in control of your personal brand if you choose to be. When establishing your brand, it is essential that you define yourself. Remember that perception is a reality, so it is essential that you carefully cultivate your image. When you take the time to define yourself and present this definition to the public, you will reap the benefits that come with taking control of your personal branding.
- If You Don’t, They Will
- It is easy to underestimate the importance of personal branding and avoid actively participating in your brand. The truth, however, is that branding occurs whether you participate in it or not. If you do not take the time to brand yourself, the market will brand you, and it may not do it favorably.
- Brand Mantra
- Brand mantras are short, but they are powerful. This short phrase or statement may only be three to five words, but these words define your brand.]
- Be Real
- People are attracted to genuine people. The key to personal branding is to make it personal. Communicating dry facts will not impress most people. Your brand must have a personality.
- SWOT Analysis
- In defining yourself, it is helpful to perform a SWOT analysis. By identifying your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, you will be able to define your brand and understand what you have to offer.
- In branding, your pillars are your main values. They are the attributes that help define your identity. In order to identify your pillars, you must ask yourself what you stand for and what your core values are.
- Your brand should reflect your passions.
- Define Your Strengths
- Branding requires you to identify your strengths, which you already visited in your SWOT analysis.
- The Three Cs
- When establishing your brand, you must remember the three Cs: Clarity, Consistency, and Constancy.
Personal Branding Workshop – Part 2: Controlling and Developing Your Image
This module will further explore the influence of the 3Cs. Remember that your brand needs to be clear and consistent, and you need to be committed to it. By following the rules of the three Cs, you will be able to control and develop your brand and your image. Once you commit to the three Cs, it will be easier to continue developing your brand.
- Clear and Defined
- As we have already learned, brand descriptions must be clear and defined. There should be no ambiguity or vague qualities in your brand. The clarity in your brand will allow people to understand what you do and do not represent.
- Consistent Image
- You must make sure that your brand has consistency. If you say that you are going to do something, you need to do it. Every exposure to your brand needs to be the same as the last.
- It Takes a Commitment
- Consistency takes commitment. You need to make sure that you are faithful and dependable in the execution of your brand’s promises.
- Live It Every Day
- Committing to your brand requires you to take action every day. It falls in line with consistency and constancy.
Personal Branding Workshop – Part 3: Personal and Professional Influences
You are constantly presenting your brand to other people, both in your personal and professional life. It is important that you understand how your personal brand and your professional brand reflect each other. When you are able to integrate them successfully, you will be able to use your brand to further your personal and professional life.
- Corporate and Personal Integration
- It is easy to believe that your personal life is completely separate from your professional life. Your personal brand, however, will intersect with your corporate brand, and the values of each need to reflect each other.
- They Will Influence Each Other
- Your personal and professional brands will influence each other. We are used to stories of a personal brand affecting a professional brand.
- Be a Professional
- When developing your personal and professional brands, it is important that you exhibit professionalism.
- Build Rapport
- Part of personal branding requires building a rapport. When you build a rapport with people, you have the chance to develop a cross-promotion between your personal and professional life that will lead to opportunities as you show your brand to potential employers, employees, and customers.
Personal Branding Workshop – Part 4: Sharpening Your Brand
There are many ways that you can sharpen your brand. By using the tools available to you, you have the opportunity to strengthen your brand and its influence over others. For example, you should take advantage of the opportunity to share ideas and influence others by blogging. By being transparent and authentic in your communication, you will attract people to you and to your brand.
- Blogging is an excellent way to draw people to your brand when it is done correctly. Unfortunately, you can repel people when you blog incorrectly.
- Authenticity Is Key
- Regardless of how you choose to portray your brand, authenticity is key. It is not easy to fake, being authentic.
- Being transparent is a difficult task for most people. Transparency requires living your life and conducting your business in the open.
- Networking is a necessary aspect of any brand. As the saying goes, “It is who you know.” This is particularly true when you are developing your brand.
Personal Branding Workshop – Part 5: Appearance Matters
Like it or not, appearance is an important part of any brand. Your appearance matters. Remember that first impressions and the way that you dress will affect the way people perceive you and your brand. It is important that your appearance reflects your brand and gives off the image that you want to portray to the public. Taking the time and effort to develop your appearance will greatly improve your brand’s reputation.
- First Impressions
- First impressions only happen once, and they happen quickly. We are hardwired to make fast decisions, and research shows that we make decisions about people within seven seconds of meeting them.
- Rise Out of the Crowd
- If you want to distinguish your brand from others, you need to stand out. It is important, however, that you are memorable for all the right reasons.
- True Reflection
- Your outward appearance needs to reflect who you are inside. Unfortunately, stress can cause people to give the wrong impression in their facial expressions and body language.
- Dress for Success
- While it is true that professional attire is much more relaxed than it used to be, clothes still matter.
Personal Branding Workshop – Part 6: Social Media
Social media is an excellent way to improve your brand’s presence. You must, however, use social media correctly in order for it to be effective. It is not enough for you to have social media accounts. You need to have a specific purpose for your accounts and monitor them closely. It is also imperative that you implement security as you promote your brand.
- Needs Constant Monitoring
- Social media requires constant monitoring. If you do not pay attention to your social media accounts, they will not do you any good.
- Everyone with an online presence needs to focus on internet security. Being secure while using social media requires more than virus software.
- Have an Objective
- People who fail or are not completely successful using social media, often only use it for general self-promotion.
- Promoting your social media sites takes time and effort on your part. There are many ways that you can increase the visibility of your brand using social media.
- Don’t Ignore Any Mentions
- Social media helps people connect with each other. While it may seem unimportant, you must engage with everyone who reaches out to you.
Personal Branding Workshop – Part 7: Brand Management During a Crisis
You will face a crisis, no matter how prepared or well organized you are. When a crisis comes, you need to know how to handle the situation. Keep your head in a crisis and respond carefully. Acting precipitously will only damage your reputation and your brand. By addressing the problem head-on, you will be able to mitigate the damage to your brand.
- Caught in a Bad Spot?
- There may come a time when you find yourself in a bad spot. For example, you could upload mistaken information in your area of expertise.
- Never Burn a Bridge
- In difficult situations, you may be tempted to burn bridges, but you should NEVER burn a bridge.
- Problems in personal branding often stem from problems in communication. Miscommunication and misinformation happen regularly, and they can destroy your personal brand.
- Monitor and Respond
- You must carefully monitor every crisis situation because time is of the essence. Gather all the information about your brand as it appears online.
Personal Branding Workshop – Part 8: Branding Personality Traits
Brands need a personality. Fortunately, you have the perfect opportunity to develop your brand and personality: yourself. The traits that your brand exhibits are completely up to you. When you identify your unique values and boldly look outside the box, your brand will have a clear personality.
- Identify Your Unique Values
- When branding personality traits, you need to identify what makes you unique. What makes you stand out in the crowd?
- Be Bold
- Branding personality traits requires you to be bold. You cannot be shy in the efforts to expand your brand.
- Think Outside the Box
- Thinking outside the box can facilitate the successful use of personal branding.
- Fail. Learn. Repeat
- You will face failure in life, and your personal branding is no exception. You need to practice the process of fail, learn, and repeat. When you face failure, take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes, which creates learning moments.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Personal Branding course
Personal Branding Learner’s Guide
Personal Branding Key Takeaways Notes
Personal Branding Essentials Ebook
Personal Branding Course Handouts
Personal Branding 30-Day Action Plan
Personal Branding MindMaps Pack
Personal Branding PPT Slides Used During Course
Personal Branding Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Personal Branding E-Learning Course
Personal Branding Online Video Course
Personal Branding Essentials Audiobook
Personal Branding Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Personal Branding training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Personal Branding training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Personal Branding training course
Contact us for the latest Personal Branding course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Personal Branding course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.