Managing Up Fundamentals Course in Singapore
Managing Up Fundamentals Course in Singapore
About This Course
Much has been said about the importance of managing employees, better known as managing down. A boss has to establish his/her authority and delegate tasks equally. While this duty falls on the shoulders of the employers, employees, in turn, must learn the skill of managing up. They have to accommodate reasonable demands and follow the hierarchy of command. After all, a workplace relies on give-and-take relationships to function well.
Managing up is simply the practice of being proactive and performing efficiently and productively to help the boss get the job done. A boss has a lot to do without having to bother himself/herself about an employee’s whereabouts and making sure an employee has adapted well. The least that an employee could do is to take initiative and do what is expected of him/her as well as assisting his/her boss in any way possible. Sometimes it could be misunderstood as “sucking up”, but being able to manage up well can make someone an indispensable member of a team.
This course will guide the participant on how to be a proactive subordinate and anticipant of any employer-related demands.
This Managing Up Fundamentals workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Managing Up Fundamentals.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Managing Up Fundamentals course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Managing Up Fundamentals workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Managing Up Fundamentals course
- Helps the participant to deal and overcome challenging employers
- Develops a harmonious and productive relationship between employer and employee
- Assists the participant to meet the expectations of an employer
- Trains the participant to be a reliable source of help and information
- Promotes a two-way open communication between employer and employee
- Enhances an employer’s reputation with help of reliable subordinates
Below is the list of course objectives of our Managing Up Fundamentals course
- Define the meaning of managing up in the workplace
- State the importance of good managing up skills
- Differentiate between managing up and managing down
- Identify the skills required to be able to manage up well
- Recognize the outcomes of having been able to manage up well
- Classify the duties between an employee and an employer
- Come up with initial steps into building a healthy relationship with one’s boss
- Avoid overstepping boundaries
- Understand an employer’s expectations, working style, and needs
- Learn strategies on how to manage up well
- Demonstrate strategies learned in sample workplace scenarios
- Identify the problems to be encountered when managing up
- Determine the best form of communication between employer and employee
- Develop a strategy to exert influence upwards and not just to co-workers
Below is the list of course content of our Managing Up Fundamentals training course
- What does it mean to say “manage up”? What does not define it?
- Why is managing up in the workplace important?
- What is the difference between managing up and managing down?
- What skills are needed to be able to manage up?
- What can you expect to accomplish through managing up?
- What kind of boss do you have?
- Division of labor: Which are your duties and which are your boss’s?
- Building a strong foundation for a working relationship with your boss
- Knowing where your boundaries lie and when not to overstep them
- Understanding your boss’s expectations
- Understanding and anticipating your boss’s working style and needs
- Strategies on how to manage up
- Applying strategies to different workplace scenarios
- Possible problems to be encountered when managing up
- Constructing effective feedback for your boss
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Managing Up Fundamentals course
Managing Up Fundamentals Learner’s Guide
Managing Up Fundamentals Key Takeaways Notes
Managing Up Fundamentals Essentials Ebook
Managing Up Fundamentals Course Handouts
Managing Up Fundamentals 30-Day Action Plan
Managing Up Fundamentals MindMaps Pack
Managing Up Fundamentals PPT Slides Used During Course
Managing Up Fundamentals Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Managing Up Fundamentals E-Learning Course
Managing Up Fundamentals Online Video Course
Managing Up Fundamentals Essentials Audiobook
Managing Up Fundamentals Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Managing Up Fundamentals training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Managing Up Fundamentals training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Managing Up Fundamentals training course
Request for this Managing Up Fundamentals course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.