Digital Storytelling Course in Singapore
Powerful Methods to Entertain, and Engage your Audience Across Multiple Digital Platforms
Digital Storytelling Course in Singapore
If you want to get consumers’ attention, tell a story. As digital storytellers, brands can employ technology and computer-based methods to share their messages. This work traverses many digital storytelling tools and narratives, including text, images, audio, video, social media, mobile applications, websites and interactive components. As individuals, we grasp stories more quickly than facts and figures. We give attention to them. We connect with them. Most importantly, we remember them.
With the appropriate narrative, brands can address their consumers in a way that resonates with them. Stories create a dialogue with the audience, rather than brands directly talking at their customers. Not only do people understand stories, but they also love them. Telling a story enables brands to successfully present ideas to their audience and form a relationship that goes beyond a product or services. The importance of storytelling for reaching consumers isn’t news – but the storytelling methods and computer-based methods that brands use to tell these stories are continually evolving.
In the 21st century, and you have an abundance of digital media – from the internet to social media to smartphones. With advanced channels of online communication, several unique platforms and increased access to information, brands must take their stories online. This goes well beyond About Us pages, Facebook pages or Instagram accounts. Technological improvements like artificial intelligence (AI), and virtual reality (VR) into the conversation and brands have tremendous opportunity to tell compelling stories.
This Digital Storytelling workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Digital Storytelling.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Digital Storytelling course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Digital Storytelling workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Digital Storytelling course
Below is the list of course objectives of our Digital Storytelling
- Define digital storytelling
- List the different types of digital storytelling
- State the elements of digital storytelling
- Explain some of the obstacles to digital storytelling
- Align your story with your reader
- Appeal your digital story to your audience’s emotion
Below is the list of course content of our Digital Storytelling training programme
- Introduction to Digital Storytelling.
- The Digital Storytelling Process.
- The Different Types of Digital Stories.
- Selecting a Topic for Digital Storytelling.
- Digital Storytelling Scriptwriting 101.
- Creating a Digital Storytelling Storyboard.
- Working with Creative Commons.
- Images and Copyright To Take Note off.
- Using High-Resolution Images.
- Creating a Digital Storytelling Storyboard with StoryboardThat.
- Recording Narration With a Portable Recording Device.
- Recording Your Narration.
- Digital Audio Formats.
- Recording Narration with an iPhone.
- Recording Narration with an Android Phone.
- Downloading and Installing Audacity.
- Recording and Saving with Audacity.
- Basic Editing in Audacity For Digital Storytelling: Removing Parts of an Audio File.
- Mixing Audio with Audacity.
- Finding and Using Copyright-Free Music Tracks.
- Creating a Single Image Digital Story.
- WeVideo Introduction.
- Adding Media.
- Creating a Digital Story in WeVideo.
- Image Editing.
- Adding Text.
- Adjusting Audio.
- Adding a Video Clip.
- Finalising Your Video.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Digital Storytelling course
Digital Storytelling Learner’s Guide
Digital Storytelling Key Takeaways Notes
Digital Storytelling Essentials Ebook
Digital Storytelling Course Handouts
Digital Storytelling 30-Day Action Plan
Digital Storytelling MindMaps Pack
Digital Storytelling PPT Slides Used During Course
Digital Storytelling Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Digital Storytelling E-Learning Course
Digital Storytelling Online Video Course
Digital Storytelling Essentials Audiobook
Digital Storytelling Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Digital Storytelling training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Digital Storytelling training course.
Knowles Training Institute, 15 Changi Business Park Crescent, #05-06, Haite Building, Singapore 486006
Nearest Mrt Station: Singapore Expo MRT Station, Upper Changi MRT Station
Bus: Free Shuttle Bus from Changi City Point at 10 minutes Frequency
Drive: Ample of Parking Available. Quick Access to PIE, ECP & TPE
Contact us for the latest Digital Storytelling course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Digital Storytelling course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.
Digital storytelling leads to a variety of emergent modern forms of digital narratives, e.g. web-based stories, interactive stories, hypertexts, narrative computer games (such as Neverwinter Nights), audio and video podcasts. Tell the story now digitally.
The seven elements of Digital Storytelling are:
- Point of View. What is the main point of the narrative, and what is the viewpoint of the author?
- A Dramatic Question.
- Emotional Content.
- The Gift of the Voice.
- The Power of the Soundtrack.
- The Main Purpose of the Story.
Digital storytelling is how diverse communities share their life stories and unique perspectives with others. Employ them as a powerful tool in the classroom to integrate subject matter with existing knowledge and skills over the curriculum.
How to Practice Digital Storytelling in The Classroom:
- Learn from what to watch.
- Use technology as a storytelling device, not as a teaching purpose.
- Allow the students to motivate
- Learn by trial and error.
- Give students freedom, but hold them accountable.
- Consider oneself as the executive producer.
- Do not forget to celebrate the students’ work.
8 Digital Storytelling Benefits For Students
- Research. Students do extensive research on the topics they have chosen.
- Resource Selection.
- Script Writing.
- Technical Skill Development.
- Creativity Expression.
Digital Storytelling is an excellent tool for students interested in creating their own stories. Also, students who create digital stories improve and develop their communications skills, as they learn to organise their ideas, make inquiries, express opinions, and assemble narratives.
Digital stories can range in length. The majority of stories used in education usually last between 2 and 10 minutes.
Digital storytelling is a combination of video, audio, images, and text to tell stories, information, and ideas. Most likely, one is already doing digital storytelling activities in the classroom.
Students need to follow a Digital Storytelling Process to achieve truly great storytelling:
- Start with an Idea.
- Gather and Create Images, Audio and Video.
- Put It All Together
- Reflection and Feedback.
Telling stories is a powerful means for leaders to teach, influence, and inspire. What makes storytelling so useful for learning? First, storytelling forms connections among people and forms ideas. Stories tell the culture, history, and values that unite people together.
Storytelling has secured its place as one of the most influential tradition humans possess—the most significant reason for this being that every story holds a lesson to teach the audience. Stories tell us to forgive others, to love, to be just and to strive for better than what we have.
Digital storytelling is a small form of digital media production that enables everyday people to experience aspects of their story.
Five ways to tell a story online:
- Be personal. Social media presence cannot be all about property real estate.
- Be real – authenticity is essential. No one likes someone who feels like a fake – be real, be authentic, and people will like that.
- Share what you love – What is your passion?
- Share moments in real estate.
- Look at your life as content
Here are five ways one can start using digital storytelling on social media accounts today.
- Show the Human Side. People connect with people, not brands.
- Share the Brand’s Story.
- Work Narrative into Updates.
- Share Chronological Posts to Tell a Broader Story.
- Incorporate Elements of Story into Posts.
Writers of fiction employ seven elements to tell their stories:
- Character. These are the beings who populate our stories.
- Plot – what occurs in the story / the series of events.
- Setting – where the story takes place.
- Literary Devices
Digital compositing is the method of digitally collecting multiple images to make a final product, for print, motion pictures or screen display. It is the digital equivalent of optical film compositing.
Digital storytelling has the potential to engage learners in integrated approaches to learning with digital media. Furthermore, digital storytelling enhances learners’ motivation and helps teachers in building constructivist learning environments.
Multimedia storytelling frequently refers to the softening of boundaries between media online: radio stations post graphics and text, newspapers and magazines post video, TV outlets giving text along with video and maps.
Tell a story without words. A picture is worth 1000 words! A comic that does not have a title or any speech bubbles is called a “pantomime cartoon,” and they have to use illustrations solely to tell a story. Write a comic strip that tells a joke without any words.
How to Tell a Story Through a Presentation:
- Relatable or Unexpected Opening. Catch the audience’s attention to tell a story.
- Relatable Characters. Your story should contain relatable characters.
- Adopt a Storytelling Pattern.
- Use Visual Aids.
- Ensure There Is a Point.
- Never Assume, Almost.
- Always Rehearse.