Controlling and limiting anger is important in every aspect of one”s life. Without control you are putting limits on what you can accomplish. Anger can be an incredibly damaging force, costing people their jobs, and personal relationships. However, since everyone experiences anger, having a constructive approach to manage it effectively can turn it into a valuable asset.
Our Anger Management lunch time talk will give your participants that constructive approach. Participants will learn how to identify their anger triggers and what to do when they get angry. Through specific coping and planning techniques, anger can become a positive tool.
Duration: 60 minutes
- The Cycle of Anger
- Understanding Fight or Flight
- Common Myths About Anger
- Unhelpful Ways of Dealing with Anger
- Helpful Ways of Dealing with Anger
- A Word of Warning
- Using Coping Thoughts
- Using Relaxation Techniques
- Blowing off Some Steam
- Understanding Hot Buttons
- Identifying Your Hot Buttons
- De-Escalation Techniques
- When to Back Away and What To Do Next