Working With Project Sponsors Course in Singapore
Working With Project Sponsors Course in Singapore
All projects have sponsors. They can be an individual or a group of people. If they are a group, it’s not unusual to find that one person within the group is the point person. For the most part, sponsors are assigned to a project. As such, they may not have sufficient skills or knowledge about what their role is and what responsibilities they have to perform to enhance the success of the project.
A competent project sponsor is one of the critical success factors for any project. Sponsors need to be totally active project participants. The best ones work closely with the project manager and help them deliver quality project results to the organization.
Skilled project sponsors clearly understand the problem to be solved and ensure that the solution fixes the problem. This individual or group of people also knows where to draw the “good enough” line is to avoid the project team pushing towards excellent and wasting organization resources in the process.
These type of sponsors know how to build the right team to solve the problem and also know how to hold those teams accountable. They make prompt and thoughtful decisions even when they are tough to make.
Satisfying working relationships with sponsors don’t just happen on their own. They must be consciously built. That work begins by not assuming they understand what is involved in sponsoring projects. Project managers should create a checklist that identifies the sponsor’s responsibilities for each phase of the project. Doing so early in the project helps decrease communication risks as the project progresses. It also provides a baseline to assess the relationship at different project phases.
This course describes what a project sponsor is and how their contribution or lack thereof impacts a project. Participants, at the end of the course, have the skills, tools, and knowledge to leverage the role of the project sponsor to achieve successful project outcomes.
This Working With Project Sponsors workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Working With Project Sponsors.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Working With Project Sponsors course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Working With Project Sponsors workshop is 1 full day. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 2 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
1 Full Day
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Working With Project Sponsors course
● Effectively manage the sponsor-project manager relationship.
● Develop efficient communication strategies.
● Improve cooperation and collaboration.
● Leverage the role of the project sponsor.
● Attract the right sponsor for your project.
● Develop new skills and enhance existing ones.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Working With Project Sponsors course
● Effectively leverage the role of the project sponsor.
● Understand the overall responsibilities of the project sponsor.
● Understand the challenges of working with project sponsor and how to resolve them.
● Know the benefits of working effectively with the project sponsor.
● Explain the project sponsor responsibilities in the initiation phase of a project.
● Explain the project sponsor responsibilities in the planning phase of a project.
● Explain the project sponsor responsibilities in the executing phase of a project.
● Explain the project sponsor responsibilities in the control and monitoring phase of a project.
● Explain the project sponsor responsibilities in the closing phase of a project.
● Know how to evaluate the sponsor-project manager relationship.
● Build an effective sponsor-project manager working relationship.
● Know what to look for in a project sponsor.
Below is the list of course content of our Working With Project Sponsors training programme course
● Defining the project sponsor role
● Benefits of working well with the project sponsor.
● Challenges of working with the project sponsor.
● Finding the right sponsor for your project.
● Overview of project sponsor responsibilities.
● Initiation Phase – Project sponsor responsibilities.
● Planning Phase – Project sponsor responsibilities.
● Executing Phase – Project sponsor responsibilities.
● Control and Monitor Phase – Project sponsor responsibilities.
● Closing Phase – Project sponsor responsibilities.
● How to communicate with the project sponsor.
● How to evaluate the Sponsor/PM relationship.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Working With Project Sponsors course
Working With Project Sponsors Learner’s Guide
Working With Project Sponsors Key Takeaways Notes
Working With Project Sponsors Essentials Ebook
Working With Project Sponsors Course Handouts
Working With Project Sponsors 30-Day Action Plan
Working With Project Sponsors MindMaps Pack
Working With Project Sponsors PPT Slides Used During Course
Working With Project Sponsors Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Working With Project Sponsors E-Learning Course
Working With Project Sponsors Online Video Course
Working With Project Sponsors Essentials Audiobook
Working With Project Sponsors Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Working With Project Sponsors training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Working With Project Sponsors training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Working With Project Sponsors training course
Knowles Training Institute, 15 Changi Business Park Crescent, #05-06, Haite Building, Singapore 486006
Nearest Mrt Station: Singapore Expo MRT Station, Upper Changi MRT Station
Bus: Free Shuttle Bus from Changi City Point at 10 minutes Frequency
Drive: Ample of Parking Available. Quick Access to PIE, ECP & TPE
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Working With Project Sponsors course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Working With Project Sponsors course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.