Swim Lane Diagrams Course in Singapore
Swim Lane Diagrams Course in Singapore
A Swim Lane diagram is a form of a visual flowchart that distinguishes job sharing and responsibilities for a business process. They were introduced in the 1940s as a variation of the process flow chart called multi-column charts.
Geary Rummler and Alan Brache are credited with their current name. They first used it in their 1990 book titled “Improving Processes.” The diagrams are sometimes called Rummler-Brache diagrams after them. They may also be called functional bands (in Microsoft Visio) or process mapping.
The lanes look like those of a swimming pool hence the name. They may be arranged either from left to right or from top to bottom. The feature that distinguishes them from a regular flow chart is that the lanes in the diagram represent different departments, functions or offices.
Organizations with multiple work groups benefit from using Swim Lane diagrams in many ways. They keep all teams in the loop, highlight redundancies and identify bottlenecks, waste, and other inefficiencies. This tool can also help provides clarity and accountability.
Working with more than one Swim Lane diagram can help teams come up with a better way to structure processes or account for changing circumstances made to them, such as staffing changes or technology changes.
Creating a Swim Lane diagram begins with identifying each of the various steps in the process, then mapping them in a chart. Standard symbols are then used to depict the process steps sequentially in their appropriate Swim Lanes. Once completed, the diagram must be confirmed with participants indicated in the process and any necessary adjustments made.
This course teaches participants what Swim Lane diagrams and what benefits they provide when used. At the end of the course, they’ll have the skills, tools, and knowledge to build one and overcome any challenges you encounter in the process.
This Swim Lane Diagrams workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Swim Lane Diagrams.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Swim Lane Diagrams course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Swim Lane Diagrams workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Swim Lane Diagrams course
● Better process management.
● Identify process inefficiencies and gaps.
● Improve business productivity.
● Develop new skills.
● Improve existing skills.
● Increase career advancement opportunities.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Swim Lane Diagrams course
● Explain what a Swim Lane diagram is.
● Know how to conduct research for a Swim Lane diagram.
● Explain how to improve processes with a Swim Lane diagram.
● Identify different Swim Lanes accurately.
● Use standard symbols to depict the process steps sequentially in the appropriate Swim Lanes.
● Use a Swim Lane diagram to communicate standardized processes for quality and training purposes.
● Clarify process responsibilities and accountabilities.
● Use a Swim Lane diagram to reveal inefficiencies and gaps.
● Know what different symbols indicate in a Swim Lane diagram.
● List tools that can help create a Swim Lane diagram.
● Know the challenges of working with Swim Lane diagrams and how to resolve them.
● Avoid common Swim Lane mistakes.
● Know the difference between vertical and horizontal Swim Lanes and when to use either.
Below is the list of course content of our Swim Lane Diagrams training programme course
● Introduction to Swim Lane diagrams.
● What is a Swim Lane diagram?
● Advantages of using Swim Lane diagrams.
● Challenges of using Swim Lane diagrams.
● How to use a Swim Lane diagram.
● Steps to drawing a Swim Lane diagram.
● Standard symbols used in a Swim Lane diagram and what they mean.
● How to determine the goals for your Swim Lane.
● How to identify the Swim Lanes.
● Tools that help create Swim Lane diagrams.
● Common mistakes to avoid when creating Swim Lanes.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Swim Lane Diagrams course
Swim Lane Diagrams Learner’s Guide
Swim Lane Diagrams Key Takeaways Notes
Swim Lane Diagrams Essentials Ebook
Swim Lane Diagrams Course Handouts
Swim Lane Diagrams 30-Day Action Plan
Swim Lane Diagrams MindMaps Pack
Swim Lane Diagrams PPT Slides Used During Course
Swim Lane Diagrams Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Swim Lane Diagrams E-Learning Course
Swim Lane Diagrams Online Video Course
Swim Lane Diagrams Essentials Audiobook
Swim Lane Diagrams Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Swim Lane Diagrams training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Swim Lane Diagrams training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Swim Lane Diagrams training course
Contact us for the latest Swim Lane Diagrams course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Swim Lane Diagrams course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.