Delegation Training Course Singapore
Delegation Training Course in Singapore
Delegation is essential for instilling empathy to employees and for training their managerial and leadership skills. However, delegating was often taken for granted and done without adequate deliberation. For a delegation to be successful, both the delegator and the delegate must understand the gravity of a task and the level of authority being bestowed.
This Successful Delegation training workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Successful Delegation.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Successful Delegation training course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Successful Delegation workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Successful Delegation course
- Employees feel more committed to tasks and evaluate their effectiveness every time they delegate work
- Relationship of trust is created between the manager and the employee
- Manage project and other workloads to meet timescales, budgets and deliverables
- Facilitate training and the development of an appropriate skills base within the team
- Identify which assignments to delegate and to which people
- Identify all the potential opportunities to build momentum and consistency between the project and the people involved
- Motivate employees to handle tasks and develop employees through task delegation
- Encourage personal development and helps others to learn by demonstrating effective self-management and focus
- Foster two way communication and effective team-working by using a step by step approach to delegating effectively
- Allow you the time and effort needed to plan for your team’s next move and also lessen your stress
- possess important skills and abilities that you can pass on to your team members
- Give clear instructions to your teammates and provide support, encouragement, and valuable feedback
Below is the list of course objectives of our Successful Delegation course
- Learn about successful delegation, the assignment of any responsibility or authority to another person
- Evaluate employees’ own attitude towards delegating work and explore ways through which they can communicate more effectively
- Understand how effective delegation leads to effective outcomes and identify why we fail to delegate effectively or at all
- Consider what tasks and who to delegate to and practice your delegation skills
- Assure that the delegate ends up feeling successful and ready for the next delegation
- Build a good environment and using a delegation framework and a trust that motivates employees to accept delegated work
- Improve efficiency when it allows work to be transferred to people whose skills are a better match for the work
- Coach employees in the new skills and then delegate tasks to them so that they may use those new skills
- Complete a clearly defined and agreed upon task while you retain ultimate responsibility for its success
- Incorporate empowering your teammates through effective leadership
- encourage your team members to take a personal interest in their own development and your team’s success
- Feel comfortable allowing others to take on tasks for which you are ultimately responsible while allowing them the freedom to complete the task in their own way
Below is the list of course content of our Successful Delegation training course
- Assess why we fail delegate effectively and potential barriers and how to communicate when delegating
- Make an effort to delegate the task early to avoid unnecessary pressure to allow the person to better plan the task
- Assess the skills and capabilities of your staff and assign the task to the most appropriate person
- Identify the reason for the task and how it will contribute to the goals of the company or department or team
- Communicate the rationale and benefit and point out how the delegated task could benefit the person
- Delegate the entire task to one person to increase their motivation and avoid ambiguity in accountability
- Set clear goals and expectations and be clear and specific on what is expected
- Let the subordinate complete the task in the manner they choose, as long as the results are what you specified
- Provide support, guidance and instructions and point subordinates to the resources they may need to complete the task or project
- Take personal interest in the progress of delegated task, request to be updated on the progress of the task, and provide assistance when necessary
- Continue to work with the employee and ensure they understand the project to be their responsibility to ensure accountability and dependability
- Evaluate results more than methods, analyze cause of insufficient performance for improvements and recognize successes as soon as possible
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Successful Delegation course
Delegation Training Course Learner’s Guide
Delegation Training Course Key Takeaways Notes
Delegation Training Course Essentials Ebook
Delegation Training Course Handouts
Delegation Training Course 30-Day Action Plan
Delegation Training Course MindMaps Pack
Delegation Training Course PPT Slides Used During Course
Delegation Training Course Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Delegation Training Course E-Learning Course
Delegation Training Course Online Video Course
Delegation Training Course Essentials Audiobook
Delegation Training Course Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Successful Delegation training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Successful Delegation training course.
Contact us for the latest Successful Delegation course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Successful Delegation course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.
Delegation is the responsibility of any authority to another person to carry out special projects. It is one of the core notions of management leadership.
To delegate is to allocate responsibility and power to someone else to complete the task at hand but you hold the overall accountability for its success. Delegation of power is crucial to any business as it empowers workers or team members.
Types Of Delegation:
- Assignment of Responsibility
- Grant of Authority
- Creation of Accountability
- General or Specific Delegation
- Formal or Informal Delegation
- Lateral Delegation
- Reserved Authority and Delegated Authority
The Delegation of power is a process wherein the supervisor assigns duty to its subordinate along with the absolute authority to perform the task on the supervisor’s behalf.
Effective delegation enables subordinates to make choices and to feel their value. They will be motivated to strive for higher achievements within the company.
Delegation helps in separating the monotony of the assistants so that they can be more imaginative and efficient. Delegation of power is not only helpful to the subordinates but it also helps the supervisors to develop their talents and skills.
Delegation is one of the most essential duties of a manager. Some principles of effective delegation for managers are:
- Defining the Function
- Defining the Results
- Balance of Authority with Responsibility
- Absoluteness of Responsibility
- Unity of Command
- Defining the Limits of Authority.
The three main barriers to delegation are:
- The fear of loss of power
- Certain personal attitudes
- Lack of the ability to direct well.
The first step is: Prepare. Part of preparing is to recognize the scope and the demanded result of the delegated work. The plan on who should do the commissioned work.
Delegation is the responsibility of any authority to another person to carry out precise ventures. It is one of the core notions of management leadership. However, the person who delegated the work rests accountable for the outcome of the commissioned work.
Tips on how to improve delegation skills:
- No manager can do everything all the time, including you.
- Prepare Employees.
- Assign to Appropriate Employees.
- Don’t Assume Employees Know.
- Avoid Taking Tasks Back.
- Talk Openly With Employees.
Delegation involves operating with subordinates to establish control, power, and reliability. The leader delegating this authority, maintains responsibility even though task achievement may have been assigned to others.
Principles Of Delegating Successfully:
- Clearly explain the desired outcome.
- Identify constraints and boundaries.
- When possible, involve people in the delegation process.
- Match the amount of duty with the amount of authority.
- Delegate to the most under possible organizational level.
Tips To Effectively Delegate:
- Delegate early.
- Select the right person.
- Communicate the rationale and benefit.
- Delegate the entire task to one person.
- Set clear goals and expectations.
- Delegate responsibility and authority.
The delegation model encompasses standard and constant tools to produce and process events. Its concept is quite simple: a source causes an event and assigns it to one or more listeners. In this scheme, the listener simply expects until it receives an event.
The delegating leadership is a style of leadership where leader allows projects or responsibilities to their employees and gives them free rein to work. The employee(s) get to make all arrangements and decisions, which they are then responsible for.
Tasks to delegate:
- Routine Tasks.
- Interesting Tasks.
- Tasks Others Could Do Better.
- Tasks Others Might Enjoy.
- Tasks Good for Development.
- Whole Tasks.
- Time-Consuming Tasks.
- Tasks for Which You Are Not Responsible.