Self-Disclosure Course in Singapore
Self-Disclosure Course in Singapore
About This Course
Self-disclosure is a form of communication revealing information about oneself (personal, factual, or general) that is not known to others. It is a general belief that it is an important building block in establishing any kinds of relationship. Through self-disclosure, we make ourselves vulnerable, a feeling that we avoid most times as it exposes us to mental and emotional attacks. However, there are certain kinds of disclosure that should be used in certain relationships to avoid discomfort and unnecessary conflicts.
In the workplace, self-disclosure leads to a comfortable environment with open, two-way communication and well-founded relationships. This further leads to efficiency and productivity, as well as a healthy emotional and mental state for the employees. With that said, this course will teach the participants the value of self-disclosure in forging work-related relationships.
This Self-Disclosure workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Self-Disclosure.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Self-Disclosure course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Self-Disclosure workshop is 1 full day. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 2 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
1 Full Day
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Self-Disclosure course
- Improves the foundation of relationships of everyone in the workplace which results in a better work atmosphere
- Promotes open communication between co-workers and bosses
- Builds trust, closeness, and a sense of belonging in the work environment
- Instills the act of reciprocation, not just in self-disclosure but in other forms of communication as well
- Encourages the exchange of feedback with others through mutual sharing of information
- Allows the participant to see a person from a different perspective after self-disclosure
Below is the list of our Self-Disclosure objectives
- Define the meaning of self-disclosure
- Explain the social penetration theory and reciprocity as important concepts in self-disclosure
- Categorize the advantages and disadvantages of self-disclosure in the workplace
- Explain why self-disclosure is an important form of communication in the workplace
- Enumerate and differentiate the types of disclosures
- Learn to use the Johari Window as an instrument for self-disclosure
- Identify the appropriate time for a self-disclosure session
- Determine which information should and should not be disclosed to co-workers and supervisors
- Learn the best way to encourage a person to disclose something about themselves
- Identify what drives and discourages self-disclosure to happen
- Analyze the effects of the act of self-disclosure to the one disclosing and the one listening
- Determine the risks of self-disclosure, especially to the wrong person
- Identify scenarios which depict a lack of or too much disclosure
- Differentiate the kind of self-disclosure between personal and work relationships
Below is the list of our Self-Disclosure training programme content
- Introduction: What is self-disclosure?
- Reciprocity and the social penetration theory
- Why is self-disclosure to a certain extent important in the workplace?
- What are the pros and cons of self-disclosure in the workplace?
- What are the types of self-disclosure?
- The Johari Window as a tool for self-disclosure
- When is the appropriate time to disclose something about yourself?
- Which information should you disclose to your co-workers? To your boss? Which should not be disclosed?
- How can you convince someone to disclose something about themselves?
- What motivates and inhibits self-disclosure in and out of the workplace?
- How can self-disclosure affect a person?
- What are the dangers of self-disclosure, especially when shared with the wrong person?
- Activity: Which instances depict under-disclosure and over-disclosure?
- Activity: Analyze the difference in the dynamics of self-disclosure between personal relationships and work relationships
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Self-Disclosure course
Self-Disclosure Learner’s Guide
Self-Disclosure Key Takeaways Notes
Self-Disclosure Essentials Ebook
Self-Disclosure Course Handouts
Self-Disclosure 30-Day Action Plan
Self-Disclosure MindMaps Pack
Self-Disclosure PPT Slides Used During Course
Self-Disclosure Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Self-Disclosure E-Learning Course
Self-Disclosure Online Video Course
Self-Disclosure Essentials Audiobook
Self-Disclosure Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Self-Disclosure training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Self-Disclosure training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Self-Disclosure training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Self-Disclosure course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Self-Disclosure course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.