Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Course in Singapore
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Course in Singapore
Before the late Steve Jobs came back to Apple in 1997, the company manufactured dozens of different Macintosh desktops, laptops, and servers. They also produced lines of printers, and digital cameras. Few of these products were making a profit.
One of the first actions Jobs undertook was to trim the fat. He cut 70 percent of Apple’s hardware and software products. His product cuts resulted in the layoffs of over 3000 employees. Painful? Yes. Necessary? Absolutely.
The company was losing profits and headed down fast because they were spread too thin.. They needed to focus their efforts on creating one good product. The iMac, introduced in 1998, was that product. Sales resulted in a profit of $309 million. The first in five years for the company.
Steve Jobs engaged in product rationalization. A process a company undergoes where product variety is cut to invest more in the products that make the most profit. Rationalization is an essential activity as it helps a company boost its revenue, decrease unnecessary costs and ultimately, improve its bottom line.
In project management, rationalizing your project portfolio involves taking a holistic view of the organization’s projects to assess the value of each project. Those delivering superior values are kept while those that are not being eliminated.
Project portfolio rationalization has project managers use investment management or governance approach for their review. This means treating each project as an investment. This enables the use of the same analytical criteria across the board which is what value do they bring to the business based on the effort, energy, and money that went into them.
This course helps participants define what rationalizing a project portfolio means and helps them understand why it is an essential aspect of project management. Participants, at the end of the course, have the skills, knowledge, and tools to create useful criteria for project portfolio rationalization and implement them successfully.
This Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio course
● Increase company revenues.
● Decrease company costs
● Developing existing skills.
● Learn new skills.
● Enhanced confidence.
● Increase career advancement opportunities.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio course
● Clearly explain what a project portfolio is.
● Understand what rationalizing your project portfolio means.
● Show the importance of rationalizing project portfolios.
● Be adequately prepared for the challenges of rationalizing a project portfolio.
● Know the benefits of rationalizing your project portfolio.
● Keep an eye on all projects in the business using standard criteria.
● Avoid common errors when rationalizing your project portfolio.
● Use consistent criteria to reach a timely consensus on what value a project brings to the business or not.
● Known when reallocate, reprioritize, reschedule or cancel projects.
● Eliminate low impact projects from the portfolio.
● Communicate rationalization decisions with senior management.
● Increase company revenues by eliminating low-value projects.
● Better utilization of project resources.
Below is the list of course content of our Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio training programme course
● Definition of a project portfolio.
● What rationalizing your project portfolio means.
● Importance of rationalizing your project portfolio.
● Challenges of rationalizing your project portfolio.
● Benefits of rationalizing your project portfolio.
● Project portfolio rationalization process.
● How to categorize projects in a portfolio.
● Collecting key project data for rationalization.
● Assessing the current strengths and weaknesses of projects in the portfolio.
● Implementation of rationalization actions.
● How to communicate rationalization decisions.
● Common errors to avoid when rationalizing your project portfolio.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio course
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Learner’s Guide
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Key Takeaways Notes
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Essentials Ebook
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Course Handouts
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio 30-Day Action Plan
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio MindMaps Pack
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio PPT Slides Used During Course
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio E-Learning Course
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Online Video Course
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Essentials Audiobook
Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Rationalizing Your Project Portfolio course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.