Project Initiation Documents Course in Singapore
Project Initiation Documents Course in Singapore
The Project Initiation Document (PID) is the first action that must be completed in the project management life cycle. It forms the basis for a project’s management and the assessment of its overall success. This type of document may also be called a Project Charter, Definition Document or Project Brief.
There are two main goals for creating a project initiation document. The first is to confirm that the project has a sound basis before any significant commitments are made. The second is to create a guide which the Program/Project Board and Project Manager can use to assess progress, change management issues and ongoing viability questions.
Creating a project initiation document begins with outlining the projects strategic vision, goals, and objectives. It should then cover what it’s aiming to achieve and why that those specific milestones are essential. It also addresses project scope, allocation of resources, roles and responsibilities, internal and external stakeholders, timing and schedules, risk management and how quality will be managed.
A project initiation document takes time and effort to create. It’s tempting to think of skipping it and jumping straight to working on the project. This would be a mistake. Projects that start without a project initiation document quickly lose direction.
They start to suffer from factors like poorly defined project parameters, and insufficient resource planning among other issues. Issues like these increase the likelihood of budget and time overruns will be extremely likely. Something project managers must avoid at all costs. Taking time to create a comprehensive project initiation document keeps this from happening.
This course helps participants define what a project initiation document is and its importance in project management. At the end of the course, they’ll have the knowledge and the tools to build a comprehensive project initiation document and lay a strong and successful foundation for their projects.
This Project Initiation Documents workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Project Initiation Documents.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Project Initiation Documents course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Project Initiation Documents workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Project Initiation Documents course
● Develop project management skills.
● Improve stakeholder relationships.
● Develop new skills.
● Boost productivity.
● Improve project outcomes.
● Increase career advancement opportunities.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Project Initiation Documents course
● Define what a project initiation document is.
● Explain the primary purpose of creating a project initiation document.
● Have a clear understanding of the challenges that a project initiation document helps avoid.
● Outline the strategic vision, goals, and objectives for a project.
● Define key project parameters such as budget, timelines, and milestones.
● Clarify what is in scope and out of range for the project.
● Identify any initial project requirements.
● Create the project breakdown structure and resourcing plan.
● Identify internal and external team structures.
● Indicate project roles using the RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) chart.
● Accurately identify project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
● Create a project initiation document and get stakeholder involvement.
Below is the list of course content of our Project Initiation Documents training programme course
● What is a project initiation document?
● Purpose of a project initiation document.
● Characteristics of a project initiation document.
● How to write a project initiation document.
● What are the projects strategic vision, goals, and objectives?
● Writing the project’s scope statement.
● Identifying project risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies.
● Putting organizational structures and governance in order.
● Creating the communication plan.
● Getting a project initiation document approved.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Project Initiation Documents course
Project Initiation Documents Learner’s Guide
Project Initiation Documents Key Takeaways Notes
Project Initiation Documents Essentials Ebook
Project Initiation Documents Course Handouts
Project Initiation Documents 30-Day Action Plan
Project Initiation Documents MindMaps Pack
Project Initiation Documents PPT Slides Used During Course
Project Initiation Documents Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Project Initiation Documents E-Learning Course
Project Initiation Documents Online Video Course
Project Initiation Documents Essentials Audiobook
Project Initiation Documents Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Project Initiation Documents training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Project Initiation Documents training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Project Initiation Documents training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Project Initiation Documents course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Project Initiation Documents course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.