Program Management Course in Singapore
Program Management Course in Singapore
In project management, projects are either overseen individually or together. A program refers to the supervision of projects under one management umbrella. Projects grouped in this name may also be called a portfolio.
These projects are related in one form or another and are therefore managed together to as their outcomes are linked. Program management can then be understood to be the use of specific knowledge, skills, and techniques in the overseeing of projects in the portfolio.
Program managers have broader responsibilities than project managers. Project managers are responsible for managing individual projects, including project scope, schedule, and resources. They assemble and oversee a project team and its performance. They are also accountable for delivering successful project outcomes.
Program managers, on the other hand, oversee multiple projects and manage multiple project teams and sometimes project managers. They are responsible for delivering successful program outcomes.
While there are critical differences between the two roles, you need to have strong project management knowledge and experience to be a competent program manager.
Program management is a multi-step process. It begins with defining the vision, objective, and purpose of the program. Planning then starts by determining the scope of the program, identifying resources and stakeholders, and developing a program plan. The plan should then be executed and continually monitored for variations from the actual.
Unlike project management, program management tends not to have a fixed end date though they do need to come to an end at some point. Program managers need to put a plan in place for this so that it happens at an appropriate point in the program.
This course helps participants understand what program management is and how it differs from project management. It gives them tools, tips, and techniques to manage programs effectively and add value to the company and also to the program’s stakeholders.
This Program Management workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Program Management.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Program Management course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Program Management workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Program Management course
● Improve productivity.
● Develop program management skills.
● Gain career competitive advantage.
● Better conflict management.
● Improve risk management.
● Boost confidence.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Program Management course
● Define what program management is.
● Explain program management fundamentals.
● Initiate a program management plan.
● List the different challenges of program management and how to solve them.
● Identify which projects are best to group under a program and which ones to leave under individual management.
● Recognize different types of program models and when to use them.
● Know the roles of a program manager and project manager and the differences between them.
● Validate the alignment of programs with the organization’s strategic plan.
● Use the skills, tools, and techniques taught to achieve the benefits of managing projects in a single portfolio as opposed to individual assignments.
● Ensure the following of best business practices in the management of projects in a program.
● Know the advantages of implementing a program management office in your organization.
● Demonstrate planning activities required on different types of programs.
● Know how to monitor and control the program and prepare for any issues such as scope creep and budget overruns.
● Effectively bring a program to a close when team members attain objectives.
Below is the list of course content of our Program Management training programme course
● What is program management?
● Program management fundamentals.
● Challenges of program management.
● Difference between a program manager and project manager.
● Important program management planning activities.
● Successful program initiation.
● Define program objectives.
● Identify program resources.
● Communicate with program stakeholders.
● Develop detailed program timelines.
● Analyze and evaluate program progress.
● Bring a program to a close.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Program Management course
Program Management Learner’s Guide
Program Management Key Takeaways Notes
Program Management Essentials Ebook
Program Management Course Handouts
Program Management 30-Day Action Plan
Program Management MindMaps Pack
Program Management PPT Slides Used During Course
Program Management Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Program Management E-Learning Course
Program Management Online Video Course
Program Management Essentials Audiobook
Program Management Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Program Management training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Program Management training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Program Management training course
Contact us for the latest Program Management course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Program Management course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.