Note-Taking Course in Singapore
Note-Taking Course in Singapore
About This Course
The art of note-taking has long been practiced in as early as recorded history. Since mankind has discovered the written form of communication, note-taking has served its purpose from the hieroglyphics of Egypt to the ancient scrolls of Greece. Like art and technology, it has evolved into different methods and ways, but the purpose remains the same—to record important information so as not to be forgotten in the near future. Note-taking is not for everyone
Note-taking is much more than just writing at the speed of light. It requires skill and a high level of multitasking. Your brain is tasked to do a number of things at once: write, filter important details, listen, and look. In an interactive meeting, you may also be required to discuss and contribute ideas. It is an active kind of learning that involves perfect coordination of the brain and motor skills.
Note-taking skills are not only essential for a student’s learning. The most successful people would endorse on honing the skills to retain as much information as possible when the brain becomes overloaded. Notes taken can spark creative ideas when integrated and reviewed. In this course, the participants will learn the different methods of note-taking for different situations and the tips on how to sharpen this vital skill.
This Note-Taking workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Note-Taking.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Note-Taking course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Note-Taking workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Note-Taking course
- Increases the participant’s listening skills to a new level
- Enhances the participant’s ability to multitask and prioritizes
- Improves information retention as the brain frees up space when thoughts are transferred to paper
- Trains the participant to be organized in his/her thoughts
- Transforms the participant to be a reliable source of concrete and reliable information
- Lengthens the participant’s attention span and focus
- Boosts the participant’s comprehension and creativity
- Reduces the risk of forgetting important details
Below is the list of course obejctives of our Note-Taking course
- Define what is note-taking
- Explain the reasons why note-taking is important
- Enumerate the different methods in note-taking
- Determine the correct application of each note-taking method
- Avoid writing useless information while taking notes
- Identify the materials needed and things to be done before taking notes
- Identify the ways on how to improve note-taking skills
- Integrate all the notes taken in an organized manner right after a session or meeting
- Learn the method of note-taking from reading materials without time constraints
- Familiarize oneself with some useful note-taking symbols and abbreviations
- Identify the things to be avoided when taking down notes
- Analyze if there are any downsides to note-taking
- Practice new note-taking skills with the aid of videos
Below is the list of course content of our Note-Taking training course
- What is note-taking?
- Why is note-taking important?
- What are the different methods of note-taking?
- When should these methods be used?
- Arm yourself: How to prepare for a note-taking session
- How can you improve your note-taking skills?
- Integrating and organizing important information from notes taken
- Note-taking from books and readings
- Common and useful note-taking abbreviations and symbols
- What not to do when taking notes
- Are there any disadvantages when it comes to note-taking?
- Activity: Choose the correct note-taking method to use in different work scenarios
- Activity: Practice your note-taking skills by watching a video
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Note-Taking course
Note-Taking Learner’s Guide
Note-Taking Key Takeaways Notes
Note-Taking Essentials Ebook
Note-Taking Course Handouts
Note-Taking 30-Day Action Plan
Note-Taking MindMaps Pack
Note-Taking PPT Slides Used During Course
Note-Taking Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Note-Taking E-Learning Course
Note-Taking Online Video Course
Note-Taking Essentials Audiobook
Note-Taking Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Note-Taking training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Note-Taking training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Note-Taking training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Note-Taking course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Note-Taking course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.