Managing Board Of Directors Course in Singapore
Managing Board Of Directors Course in Singapore
The board of directors is placed in a unique position where they are technically not employees of the company. However, they hold the important task of keeping the company in check and making sure that it is heading in the right direction. Managing a board of directors is a delicate and challenging task.
This Managing Board Of Directors workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Managing Board Of Directors.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Managing Board Of Directors course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Managing Board Of Directors workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Managing Board Of Directors course
- Populate your board with people who you believe can really help you through the process
- Avoid surprises that are fatal by constant communication to avoid miscommunication and misunderstandings
- Help the board assess the health of the company from different perspectives
- Don’t let the directors find the rocks; always be a step ahead and be ready for other possible scenarios
- Have a plan, outline goals, demonstrate how you’ll measure performance, and do it
- Achieve the success that you and your company are destined for and have always been visioning on
- Help to open up communication about potential issues and areas for growth and be transparent about it
- Employ both formal and informal levels of communication that are structured at furthering the organization’s mission and expounding on its goal statements
- Properly supervise the company’s operations and strategy and lead your team to success
- Help guide the tone and architecture of your board relationships and establish a positive relationship between all of the members
- Bring new policies and strategies into the organization, including new recruitment methods, an expanded Rolodex and amended training methods
- Take advantage of the relationships and connections of board members and benefit from it
Below is the list of course objectives of our Managing Board Of Directors course
- How to manage a board of directors and use your influence to properly and effectively lead them
- Populate your board with people who you believe can really help you in the long run of the process
- Know your weaknesses and select board members who will help guide you in those areas
- Don’t be a filter between your staff and your board instead be a bridge that connects the two
- Be intricately involved in your company to be ready if ever the board will ask you questions about the state of the company
- Use the resources of your directors’ ecosystems and use it effectively as a helping tool to get the job done
- Be in control during board meetings and don’t let anyone overpower you even if they are very valuable to the company
- Be open to different perspectives, but have the guts to push back when it makes sense
- Ensure you have at least one unwavering relationship with at least one director with whom you can confide during the most difficult decisions
- Execute, measure and demonstrate performance of the company on a regular basis
- Accept risk and understand the inherent downsides to risk and let these risks be something that the board can agree upon
- Have a genuine commitment to your work, and show the board the fire in your belly as a passionate manager who cares about the job
Below is the list of course content of our Managing Board Of Directors training course
- Stick to the basics and never forget, the success of the company is the most important goal and the one that the board cares about the most
- Build a great board by looking for shared interests and philosophies, but embracing differences as well
- Encourage independent director relationships and open access to your staff will help the board assess the health of the company from different perspectives
- Communicate because surprises are frequently fatal so avoid them with communication and when communication wanes, the board sees a red flag
- Get and keep your hands dirty and if you have won a deal, make sure your fingerprints are on it
- Be resourceful as this is one of the great benefits, beyond capital, that a VC firm brings to an early-stage company
- Make BOD meetings matter and don’t let the directors find the rocks; always be a step ahead
- Never position the board versus the company because if it’s you or the company against the board, rest assured; the board will always win
- Build a “safe” relationship with at least one director, ensure you have at least one unwavering relationship with at least one director with whom you can confide during the most difficult decisions
- Have a plan and measure against itso execute, measure and demonstrate performance on a regular basis
- When failure happens, declare it quickly and if a challenge appears declare it quickly, design an action plan and execute to avoid failure
- Be passionateabout the technology, the team, and/or the market problem to be solved, etc
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Managing Board Of Directors course
Managing Board Of Directors Learner’s Guide
Managing Board Of Directors Key Takeaways Notes
Managing Board Of Directors Essentials Ebook
Managing Board Of Directors Course Handouts
Managing Board Of Directors 30-Day Action Plan
Managing Board Of Directors MindMaps Pack
Managing Board Of Directors PPT Slides Used During Course
Managing Board Of Directors Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Managing Board Of Directors E-Learning Course
Managing Board Of Directors Online Video Course
Managing Board Of Directors Essentials Audiobook
Managing Board Of Directors Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Managing Board Of Directors training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Managing Board Of Directors training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Managing Board Of Directors training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Managing Board Of Directors course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Managing Board Of Directors course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.