Being A Good Listener Course in Singapore
Being A Good Listener Course in Singapore
Being a good listener is a tough job, for some, it’s sound easy to just sit and listen, but it requires one to be calmer, encouraged, wise, uplifted, motivated, non-egoistic and have compassion towards listening. Good listening is an interpersonal skill which develops your ability of insight and improves your chances of rapid success. It requires a mechanism in which a good listener sympathizes and comfort the speaker with gestures of smiling, nodding head, making eye contact so the speaker can feel the full attention and using appropriate feedback time by time like it’s fine, yeah, that’s good, oh sad etc.
The human body starts listening from the 18th week in the womb, but becoming a good listener takes whole life efforts. Being a good listener is a leadership quality and people using this art for centuries to get success in every field of life.
This Being A Good Listener workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Being A Good Listener.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Being A Good Listener course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Being A Good Listener workshop is 1 full day. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 2 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
1 Full Day
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Being A Good Listener course
- Develop patience and tolerance.
- Enables you to understand people’s need.
- Helps you to deal with the ego centralism of individuals.
- Provides you with the opportunity to be more appreciated by the people.
- Enable you to attract more company and popularity to you.
- Leads to more correctness in recalling the message.
- It increases your level of comprehension.
- To increase the original thought of the entire conversation.
- Correct use of signs to secure spokesman satisfactorily.
- Improves the patience and self-control.
- Increase attentiveness while socializing.
- Increase the capacity to store more knowledge.
- Polishing control qualities and enhancing connections.
- Progress the human attention span gradually.
- Able to realize the other’s position through empathy.
- Develop broad-mindedness to digest others thought and personal view.
- To make you learn how to become emotionally strong and intelligent.
- Allows you to interpret well.
- Accommodates you hold, on the contrary judgment.
- What is “Listening, ”?
- Explain the qualities of a good listener?
- What skills are required to be a good listener?
- Which type of persons is usually good listeners?
- Describe the importance of a good listener?
- Why it requires a lot of patience to be a good listener?
- How to develop basic skills of being a good listener?
- What are the benefits of being a good listener?
- Explain how being a good listener helps you in the workplace?
- How good listening skills helps in daily life? Give examples.
- How does the ability to be a good listener help you in a relationship?
- Why it’s important to be a good listener?
- Describe the value of a good listener?
- What things should a good listener avoid?
- Do you believe that good listening skills lead to success? Explain.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Being A Good Listener course
Being A Good Listener Learner’s Guide
Being A Good Listener Key Takeaways Notes
Being A Good Listener Essentials Ebook
Being A Good Listener Course Handouts
Being A Good Listener 30-Day Action Plan
Being A Good Listener MindMaps Pack
Being A Good Listener PPT Slides Used During Course
Being A Good Listener Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Being A Good Listener E-Learning Course
Being A Good Listener Online Video Course
Being A Good Listener Essentials Audiobook
Being A Good Listener Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Being A Good Listener training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Being A Good Listener training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Being A Good Listener training course
Knowles Training Institute, 15 Changi Business Park Crescent, #05-06, Haite Building, Singapore 486006
Nearest Mrt Station: Singapore Expo MRT Station, Upper Changi MRT Station
Bus: Free Shuttle Bus from Changi City Point at 10 minutes Frequency
Drive: Ample of Parking Available. Quick Access to PIE, ECP & TPE
Meet your facilitator for this Being A Good Listener workshop
Contact us for the latest Being A Good Listener course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Being A Good Listener course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.