Technical Writing Course in Singapore
Technical Writing Course in Singapore
This technical writing course from Knowles Training Institute will teach you how to take complicated concepts and make them coherent and interesting in written form. This skills-based course will assist you to set technical
writing standards that will influence business results. This Technical Writing course is taught as a two-day, facilitator-led class in a corporate or on-site training setting.
Technical writing remains to be an extremely coveted skill in the professional workplace. Demand is anticipated to grow by 10% from 2014 to 2024. This is quicker than the normal for all professions. Today technical writing includes all documentation of complicated technical processes. It contains executive summary statements, reports, briefs. Basically, any time technical information is conveyed in writing at work, it is technical writing.
Technical writing includes high-tech engineering, manufacturing, biotech, energy, aerospace, finance, IT, and global supply chain. The format is no longer restricted to long manuals. Technical information must be compressed and displayed unambiguously, which can be in the form of technical reports, policies, emails, briefs, and press releases.
This Technical Writing workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Technical Writing.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Technical Writing course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Technical Writing workshop is 1 full day. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 2 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Day
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Technical Writing course
- Learn to reduce the errors of poorly crafted documents and increase the impact of white papers, product manuals, user’s guides, annual reports, spec sheets, legal forms and websites.
- Learn skills to improve the quality, clarity, structure, and expected results of all your technical communication. Compelling and concise written documents help you increase productivity, resolve issues, avoid errors, and increase credibility.
- Learn to take complex ideas and make them understandable and memorable in written form.
- A structure for outlining and structuring technical papers.
- Comprehensive understanding of your audience’s needs.
- Effective instruments to express complicated ideas and issues effectively for expert and non-expert audiences.
- Knowledge of how best to use and explain visuals.
- An appreciation of the laws of plain English.
- Editing and proofreading methods.
Below is the list of course benefits of our Technical Writing objectives
- Develop an understanding of what technical writing is
- Identify how technical writing can improve a business environment
- Recognise the importance of technical writing in terms of training manuals
- Manage the influence of your own technical writing
- Compare the improvement made after the consumption of technical writing
- Communicate throughout the industry to ensure the writing is as varied as possible
- Write useful technical papers, manuals, and white papers.
- Assess your readers and produce documents to meet their requirements.
- Build active sentences and sections that describe information.
- Employ diagrams, tables, charts, and other graphical instruments effectively.
- Create informational content that your readers will appreciate and use.
- Organise ideas with the Front Loading Planner form.
- Reduce costly rewrites in later stages.
- Comply with the ten standards of design.
- Create a draft of the actual document.
- Use the Four-Box Organizer form to prototype smaller papers or structure larger prototypes quickly.
- Transform complex concepts into sentences and paragraphs.
- Compose a working text.
- Evolve prototypes into an actual document.
- Ensure the quality of the nearly finished product.
- Check accuracy of information.
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Below is the list of course benefits of our Technical Writing training programme content
- What is technical writing?
- The benefits of technical writing
- What is included within the genre of technical writing?
- Using technical writing to improve business knowledge
- Consuming technical writing in order to create more
- Practising technical writing
- Deciding what counts as good technical content
- Identifying things in the media to write about
- Characteristics of Technical Writing.
- Measures of Excellence in Technical Documents.
- The Content Approach.
- Acquiring the Three Types of Knowledge.
- Understanding Audience and Purpose.
- Collaborative Writing.
- Writing for Multiple Audiences.
- Academic vs Workplace Research.
- Conducting Secondary Research.
- Primary Research.
- Focus on Process.
- Laboratory Report.
- Feasibility, recommendation, and evaluation reports.
- Checklist for the technical report.
- Style of writing.
- Audience analysis.
- Planning techniques.
- Layout and structure.
- Signposting to support your reader.
- Methods for presenting complex concepts and ideas clearly and simply.
- Presenting numbers, charts and graphics.
- Highlighting benefits.
- Appropriate use of jargon.
- Editing and improving readability.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Technical Writing course
Technical Writing Learner’s Guide
Technical Writing Key Takeaways Notes
Technical Writing Essentials Ebook
Technical Writing Course Handouts
Technical Writing 30-Day Action Plan
Technical Writing MindMaps Pack
Technical Writing PPT Slides Used During Course
Technical Writing Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Technical Writing E-Learning Course
Technical Writing Online Video Course
Technical Writing Essentials Audiobook
Technical Writing Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Technical Writing training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Technical Writing training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Technical Writing training course
Knowles Training Institute, 15 Changi Business Park Crescent, #05-06, Haite Building, Singapore 486006
Nearest Mrt Station: Singapore Expo MRT Station, Upper Changi MRT Station
Bus: Free Shuttle Bus from Changi City Point at 10 minutes Frequency
Drive: Ample of Parking Available. Quick Access to PIE, ECP & TPE
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Technical Writing course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Technical Writing course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.