Letting People Go Course in Singapore
Letting People Go Course in Singapore
In the workplace or in one’s personal life, letting people go is an emotional and mental challenge especially if there has been a close relationship established. Letting people go can be a process that will help minimize any strains from both parties. It can be a healthy experience that will strengthen one’s well-being.
This Letting People Go workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Letting People Go.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Letting People Go course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Letting People Go workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Letting People Go course
- Make letting people go a professional conversation and not something that should be avoided
- Feel less like a personal attack and more like a commitment to professional development
- Employee will appreciate you not wanting him/her to be humiliated in front of his/her colleagues
- Help both you and your employee know what to expect and how to accept the news in a professional manner
- Add a little dignity to an otherwise ugly process by treating your employee the right way
- See why it’s so important to break free of the perfection prison and just accept the fact that all of us have flaws we need to improve upon on
- Ensure that the process of dismissal was not only followed correctly, but undertaken with humanity and consideration
- Firing, when done right, can be beneficial for both parties and is actually an easy process
- Make sure employees are aware of problems to prevent shock while in the process of terminating them
- Help employee maintain their dignity and reduce their embarrassment from their coworkers by giving the news at the right time and place
- Give the really valuable employees grow and have a chance to develop as better professionals the company can benefit on
- When it’s not a perfect fit, the best thing to do is to part ways sooner rather than later
Below is the list of course objectives of our Letting People Go course
- Make the letting-go process a little less intimidating and more convenient for everyone involved in the process
- Make sure employee can see the train coming, long before it arrives, to avoid any hostile reaction or situation in the aftermath
- Create an atmosphere of trust and respect where conversations about setbacks can also emphasize learning and growth
- How to put things in writing—either informally or via a formal company performance improvement plan
- Use specific examples and dates to back up your claims and avoid committing perjury
- Forewarn employee that consequences are on the horizon if things don’t improve
- Prepare to discuss things like severance and unemployment benefits if and when the employee will leave the job already
- Stay collected and on-point, but you can allow employee to emotionally vent if needed
- Thank former employee for the positive contributions he/she has made for the company
- Envision the end and work backwards to avoid any kind of difficulty while on the process
- Recognize when someone doesn’t work out and try to make the process as pleasant as possible
- Know that the business will succeed or fail on the strength of the team, and a team is only as strong as its weakest member
Below is the list of course content of our Letting People Go training course
- Why letting people go is sometimes a good thing and is a healthy practice for all companies
- Reviewing legal issues to avoid any kind of misunderstanding and/or intimidation by the employee involved
- Knowing when termination is appropriate to avoid letting the wrong people go
- Documenting performance problems to monitor where and what went wrong that led to his/her termination
- Selecting the right time and place where the employee will not feel ganged up and embarrassed by the situation
- Delivering the news effectively and calmly so the employee will not feel like he/she is let go for the wrong reasons
- Telling the rest of the teamabout the news to avoid awkward situations with the employee terminated and his/her coworkers
Having the “Talk”
- Involve HR, make sure you have all of your legal ducks in a row—you may need to have the person’s final paycheck ready
- Practice by making yourself a script for the meeting so you stay on track, and rehearse it with your supervisor or HR manager beforehand
- Stay calm, explain to your employee, step by step, why she is being let go, and remind her of prior communications that threatened discharge
- Keep it private, arrange for other staff to be away from the area at the time of the meeting—she’ll appreciate you not wanting her to be humiliated
- Have empathy and remember that a persistent underperformer fires herself if you’ve clearly shown her the path to success
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Letting People Go course
Letting People Go Learner’s Guide
Letting People Go Key Takeaways Notes
Letting People Go Essentials Ebook
Letting People Go Course Handouts
Letting People Go 30-Day Action Plan
Letting People Go MindMaps Pack
Letting People Go PPT Slides Used During Course
Letting People Go Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Letting People Go E-Learning Course
Letting People Go Online Video Course
Letting People Go Essentials Audiobook
Letting People Go Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Letting People Go training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Letting People Go training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Letting People Go training course
Contact us for the latest Letting People Go course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Letting People Go course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.