The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Course in Singapore
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Course in Singapore
About This Course
The art of rhetoric is one of the three ancient arts of discourse which produced influential and charismatic poets, orators, historians, and politicians. One of the most famous people to study the art are the Greeks who created and authored theories on rhetoric and the study of the power of language. These orators and philosophers of the ancient times perform in front of the public to persuade them to see the rightness of their argument.
Now, however, rhetoric has gained a pejorative meaning that is used to hide the truth behind flowery but misleading words. In truth, rhetoric is an important study that, when mastered, would be largely useful in any field of study. The fusion of writing, fact gathering, and logical thinking resulting in a skillful, riveting delivery is what rhetoric is all about. With this course, the participant will be able to use rhetoric not just in writing, but in negotiating the biggest business deal in one’s career.
This The Five Canons Of Rhetoric workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their The Five Canons Of Rhetoric.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this The Five Canons Of Rhetoric course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this The Five Canons Of Rhetoric workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our The Five Canons Of Rhetoric course
- Enhances the participant’s skills in persuasion and influencing an audience
- Improves the participant’s public speaking skills and persuasive writing skills
- Develops the participant’s ability to construct solid and strong arguments that are cohesively constructed
- Improves the participant’s logical and critical thinking in coming up with a sound argument
- Helps the participant in detecting weak arguments and fallacies in controversial issues or pertinent matters affecting society
- Promotes advanced learning not just in speech and writing, but also in combining these with information gathering and logical thinking
Below is the list of course objectives of our The Five Canons Of Rhetoric course
- Recall the conception of rhetoric and how it was used by famous people
- Enumerate the five canons of rhetoric created by Cicero
- Conduct solid research information about an argument
- Organize the key points in an argument in a coherent manner
- Write rhetorical speech using the correct techniques
- Learn techniques on how to memorize a speech
- Practice effective delivery of rhetorical speeches
- Acquire techniques on how to develop rhetorical writing and speaking
- Determine the applications of rhetoric in the work setting
- Identify the benefits of using rhetoric
- Read excellent examples of ancient and modern rhetorical texts
- Analyze example texts with rhetoric for effectivity and impact
- Create a rhetorical piece about a pertinent societal or business issue to be argued by the class
Below is the list of course content of our The Five Canons Of Rhetoric training course
- Introduction to rhetoric: A brief history and the famous people known for it
- What are the five canons of rhetoric according to Cicero?
- Invention: Refining your side of the argument
- Arrangement: Structuring your points for coherence and great impact
- Style: Choosing the right words and figures of speech
- Memory: Remembering everything for flawless delivery
- Delivery: Presenting a speech using the right voice, gestures, and expressions
- Developing skills in rhetoric both in writing and speech
- How is rhetoric useful in the workplace?
- The benefits of knowing how to use rhetoric
- Examples of rhetorical texts
- Activity: Analyze the following texts with rhetoric.
- Activity: Identify issues in society or work that has two sides. Take a side and apply rhetoric in your arguments with the class.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the The Five Canons Of Rhetoric course
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Learner’s Guide
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Key Takeaways Notes
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Essentials Ebook
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Course Handouts
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric 30-Day Action Plan
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric MindMaps Pack
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric PPT Slides Used During Course
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric E-Learning Course
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Online Video Course
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Essentials Audiobook
The Five Canons Of Rhetoric Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this The Five Canons Of Rhetoric training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online The Five Canons Of Rhetoric training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this The Five Canons Of Rhetoric training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest The Five Canons Of Rhetoric course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this The Five Canons Of Rhetoric course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.