lunch and learn
A lunch at learn program is a 30-45 minutes training or presentation session facilitated by an organization to employees during a lunch hour. You might decide to have it in an employee cafeteria, auditorium, or even in a conference room. What sets this concept apart from other programs is the accessibility and less formal structure of this approach. As an incentive, the company usually provides lunch. If this is not feasible, you can invite employees to bring their lunch during the session. Lunch and learn is an easy way to develop and motivate employees while creating a workplace of communication, collaboration, and learning. The session may also cover important issues and promote an open platform of information for employees.
Key Benefits of Learn at Lunch Program
- The sessions make excellent use of time, which is already limited throughout the day.
- The brief informal setting allows a better channel for understanding and getting the direct point across.
- Group training reinforces the overall company culture.
- Creates critical awareness of issues at hand.
- Effectively introduces any new organizational initiatives.
- Boosts employee morale.