Lateral Thinking Skills Course in Singapore
Lateral Thinking Skills Course in Singapore
In this Lateral Thinking Skills course, participants will learn key concepts about easy-to-use lateral thinking tools and techniques. After this course, participants will be able to generate ideas with ease. The participant will be taught a systematic approach which will assist them to think outside the box.
The term lateral or vertical logic is purposely distancing from the conventional way of thinking, and, from the standard perception of creativity. It is, also, perceived as thinking out of the box. Lateral Thinking is a logical process using subliminal and imaginative approaches to rationalize matters through unconventional ideas. This course seeks to expose individuals to the use of lateral thinking in real life applications.
Edward de Bono introduced Lateral Thinking in 1967. He seized inspiration from the wise methods of King Solomon. One that he cited is the story of two mothers fighting over a stolen baby. The king’s resolution was cutting the baby in half for each of the women to nurse. The unexpected reaction from the women prompted him to make the final and obvious decision and gave the child to the more deserving woman.
De Bono correlates this skill with humour and argues that there is an altering moment from a familiar pattern to a new, unusual one. It’s in that instant the new concept starts getting analyzed and accepted. The difference between critical thinking and lateral thinking is that, in critical thinking, the objective is to judge the value or validity of statements and find the errors underneath them. With lateral thinking, the idea can, overall, be, discarded and will explore a radical way of achieving the same result.
This skill is mostly applicable in the advertising, marketing, media, arts, and, designs field. Being trendsetters and influencers, individuals in these fields are, more or less, expected to find new concepts to keep readers, viewers, and, consumers hooked and attracted. Fortunately, it is not a skill acquired only at birth but can be practised and honed over time.
This Lateral Thinking Skills workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Lateral Thinking Skills.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Lateral Thinking Skills course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Lateral Thinking Skills workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Lateral Thinking Skills course
- Increase in individual creativity.
- Promote an innovative mindset among colleagues.
- Generate radical ideas out of predetermined situations and solutions.
- Eliminates getting stuck with conventional and obsolete practices.
- Improve work practices using lateral thinking.
- Soften stubbornness and close-mindedness of individuals.
- Out of the box thinking
- Challenging assumptions,
- Creating alternative solutions
- Suspends judgment
- Random stimulation
Below is the list of course objectives our Lateral Thinking Skills course
- Identify lateral thinking methods for problem-solving.
- Differentiate lateral thinking with critical thinking skills.
- Recognize the issues created by out-of-date standards.
- Review outdated policies and standards with the use of lateral thinking skills.
- Gather logical explanations to back up new concepts.
- Explore new concepts brought out by innovators in the related field.
- Find lateral thinking puzzles.
- Practice skill while answering lateral thinking puzzles.
- Discuss modifications of previously known standards with the people concerned.
- Investigate the impact of different ideas explored to change existing standards.
- Compute the impact to update standards and policies.
- Discover real life success stories of using lateral thinking skills.
- Define lateral thinking
- State the benefits of lateral thinking
- List the characteristics of lateral thinking
- Explain when to use lateral thinking
- List the 5 types of lateral thinking
- Identify other techniques to stimulate lateral thinking
- Use the techniques to increase the number of quality new ideas generated
- Explain how to constructively challenge your current thinking
- Understand how to frame your thinking for effective solutions
- Explain creativity and how it works.
- Understand how to think for innovation.
- Create alternatives solutions which give you options for achieving the purpose
- Break your thinking patterns when need be to generate new ideas
Below is the list of course content our Lateral Thinking Skills course
- What is Lateral Thinking?
- What is the difference between critical thinking and lateral thinking skills?
- Tips to Improve Lateral Thinking Skills.
- Lateral Thinking Puzzles.
- What are the benefits of having Lateral Thinking skills?
- Fields using Lateral Thinking Skills.
- Group activity – identifying outdated standards and policies
- What are real-life studies of lateral thinking?
- How do you validate solutions from using lateral thinking skills?
- When do you use lateral thinking skills during problem-solving?
- Alternatives: How to use concepts to generate new ideas.
- Focus: How and when to change the focus thinking.
- Challenge: Break free from traditional thinking.
- Random Entry: Use unconnected input for new lines of thinking.
- Provocation and Movement: Using provocative statements to generate new solutions.
- Harvesting: Capture your creative output on paper
- Treatment & Assessment of Ideas: Developing ideas that fit into your organisational culture, problems or situation.
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Lateral Thinking Skills course
Lateral Thinking Skills Learner’s Guide
Lateral Thinking Skills Key Takeaways Notes
Lateral Thinking Skills Essentials Ebook
Lateral Thinking Skills Course Handouts
Lateral Thinking Skills 30-Day Action Plan
Lateral Thinking Skills MindMaps Pack
Lateral Thinking Skills PPT Slides Used During Course
Lateral Thinking Skills Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Lateral Thinking Skills E-Learning Course
Lateral Thinking Skills Online Video Course
Lateral Thinking Skills Essentials Audiobook
Lateral Thinking Skills Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Lateral Thinking Skills training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Lateral Thinking Skills training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Lateral Thinking Skills training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Lateral Thinking Skills course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Lateral Thinking Skills course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.