Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Course in Singapore
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Course in Singapore
There are jobs that people do out of necessity and there are others who work on jobs they are passionate about. This simple truth is the guiding principle of J. Richard Hackman and Greg Oldham’s job characteristics theory. It is a theory that has been instrumental in making even a boring job rewarding.
This Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics course
- Provide the employee knowledge on how successful their work has been and enable them to learn from mistakes
- Connect people emotionally to the customer of their outputs, thus giving further purpose to the work
- Identify with the work at hand as more whole and complete enabling more pride to be taken in the outcome of that work
- Use an appropriate variety of skills and talents for skill variety
- Identify the task as contributing to something wider, to society or a group over and beyond the self
- Offer information that once one can use to do things differently if you wish
- Create opportunities for employees to enjoy the positive feelings of achievement
- Developing skills is more likely to be motivating than menial and monotonous work each day
- Help in realizing what makes the task given to the employees significant and worth doing
- Identify various factors that make a specific job satisfying for the organization, and for the person doing the job
- Specify the conditions under which workers or individuals will be internally motivate to perform their jobs effectively
- Help the employee to experience all three psychological states by possessing the core job characteristics
Below is the list of course objectives of our Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics course
- Discuss the 5 core job characteristics implied by Hackman and Oldham and its impact in the business context
- Know the 3 critical psychological states and discuss each of them from a business perspective
- Develop ability to make changes and incorporate the learning you gain whilst doing the job
- Vary work to enable skill variety within your employees and to introduce diversity in the workplace
- Assign work to groups to increase the wholeness of the product produced and give a group to enhance significance
- Delegate tasks to their lowest possible level to create autonomy and hence responsibility
- Connect people to the outcomes of their work and the customers that receive them
- Provide feedback for learning for your employees for future improvements for the company
- Identify how certain job characteristics affect the outcomes of the jobs that your employees perform
- Realize that the task itself is key to employee motivation and affects the way they put effort to their jobs
- Take into consideration behaviors and task accomplishments to describe the perfect fit for the job
- Learn how the job characteristics model can help with job enrichment in the workplace
Below is the list of course content of our Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics training course
Five Core Job Characteristics
- Skill Varietyis a term used to address variability of conditions under which taskscan appear even though their principal similarity
- Task Identityis the overall extent to which – a job is done from the start point A to finish point B. The extent to which the outcome is predicted or visible
- Task Significance is the extent to which an identifiable piece of work (job) affects, or is important to, others within or outside the organization
- Autonomyis the capacity to make an informed, un-coerced decision andknown to bring some sense of job satisfaction among the employees
- Feedback is the information about reactions to a product, a person’s performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement
Three Critical Psychological States
- Meaningfulness of Workis the degree to which the jobholder experiences the work as intrinsically meaningful and can present his or her value to other people and/or the external environment
- Experienced responsibility for outcomes is the degree to which the worker feels he or she is accountable and responsible for the results of the work
- Knowledge of actual results is the degree to which the jobholder knows how well he or she is performing
Two Ways of Adding Variety and Challenge
- Job Enrichmentcan be described as a medium through which management can motivate self-driven employees by assigning them additional responsibility normally reserved for higher level employees
- Job Rotation is the systematic movement of employees from one jobto another within the organization to achieve various human resources objectives
- Impact and the consequences of boring and monotonous job vs. challenging job
- Motivating Potential Score (MPS)is an integrated tool used by work evaluators to assess the capacity of a job to motivate
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics course
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Learner’s Guide
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Key Takeaways Notes
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Essentials Ebook
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Course Handouts
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics 30-Day Action Plan
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics MindMaps Pack
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics PPT Slides Used During Course
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics E-Learning Course
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Online Video Course
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Essentials Audiobook
Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics training course
Contact us for the latest Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Hackman And Oldham’S Job Characteristics course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.