Expectancy Theory Course in Singapore
Expectancy Theory Course in Singapore
Expectancy Theory is..
In this Expectancy Theory course, participants will learn
This Expectancy Theory workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Expectancy Theory.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Expectancy Theory course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Expectancy Theory workshop is 1 full day. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 2 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
1 Full Day
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Expectancy Theory course
- Create a motivational force that makes employees act in ways that bring pleasure and avoid pain
- Indicate and predict job satisfaction, occupational choice and effort expended at work
- Emphasize associations people make towards expected outcomes and the reactions associated with it
- Point out the contribution employees make towards expected outcomes
- Apply theory in the workplace
- Predict that employees in an organization will be motivated when they believe putting in more effort will yield better job performance
- Provide an explanation of why individuals choose one behavioral option over others
- Provide leaders with a foundation on which to build a better understanding of ways to motivate subordinates
- Help explain why a person performs at a particular level and what to do to motivate them to do better
- Emphasize individual perceptions of the environment and subsequent interactions arising as a consequence of personal expectations
- Increased effort would lead to increased performance
- Evaluate the motivational force of the different behavioral options based on the individual’s own perception of the probability of attaining his desired outcome
Below is the list of course benefits of our Expectancy Theory objectives
- Define Expectancy Theory and its impact in the workplace and the employees working in it
- Discuss how the theory deals with motivation and management and how to apply it in the workplace
- Know how to apply theory in the workplace effectively for efficiency and better results for the jobs
- Realize that an employee’s performance is based on individual factors
- Managers must discover what employees value
- Management must discover what resources, training, or supervision employees need
- Management must ensure promises of rewards are fulfilled
- Apply theory to any situation where someone does something because they expect a certain outcome
- Compare theory to other motivation theories
- Take into account individual perceptions of employees
- Use systems that tie rewards very closely to performance
- Managers should engage in training to improve their capabilities
Below is the list of course benefits of our Expectancy Theory training programme content
- What is the Expectancy Theory and what are its roles and uses in the workplace?
- Individual Factors that affect employee’s performance include personality, skills, knowledge, experience and abilities
- Motivation = Value x Expectancy, According to expectancy-valuetheory, behavior is a function of the expectancies one has and the value of the goal toward which one is working
Basis of Expectancy Theory
- Value is the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something
- Expectancy is the state of thinking or hoping that something, especially something pleasant, will happen or be the case
- Instrumentality is the fact or quality of serving as an instrument or means to an end
- Positive correlation between efforts and performance and the benefits of the coexistence of the two
- Favorable performance will result in a desirable reward and employees would work harder to get a reward of some sort at the end of the job
- Reward will satisfy an important need because most of the time reward comes in the form of salary and salary pays for our dues and bills
- The Law of Effectis a psychological principlewhich states that “responses that produce a satisfying effectin a particular situation become more likely to occur again in that situation
- Examples of how the Expectancy Theory could be applied in the workplace
- Application and observance of theory in all aspects of employment relationship
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Expectancy Theory course
Expectancy Theory Learner’s Guide
Expectancy Theory Key Takeaways Notes
Expectancy Theory Essentials Ebook
Expectancy Theory Course Handouts
Expectancy Theory 30-Day Action Plan
Expectancy Theory MindMaps Pack
Expectancy Theory PPT Slides Used During Course
Expectancy Theory Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Expectancy Theory E-Learning Course
Expectancy Theory Online Video Course
Expectancy Theory Essentials Audiobook
Expectancy Theory Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Expectancy Theory training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Expectancy Theory training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Expectancy Theory training course
Knowles Training Institute, 15 Changi Business Park Crescent, #05-06, Haite Building, Singapore 486006
Nearest Mrt Station: Singapore Expo MRT Station, Upper Changi MRT Station
Bus: Free Shuttle Bus from Changi City Point at 10 minutes Frequency
Drive: Ample of Parking Available. Quick Access to PIE, ECP & TPE
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Expectancy Theory course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Expectancy Theory course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.