Design Thinking Skills Course in Singapore
Design Thinking Skills Course in Singapore
Design Thinking is a mindset and a human-centred process of finding suitable solutions to complex problems to get the desired outcome. This method is used to figure out unknown problems by understanding human needs. It’s a solution-focused method to, actively, build up to a preferred result. It induces logic, creativity, intuition, and systemic reasoning, to examine possibilities.
The Hasso-Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford is said to be the leading university when it comes to design. They proposed five (5) stages to Design Thinking. These stages are Empathizing, Defining the Problem, Ideating, Prototyping, and, Testing. They also emphasized that the process doesn’t always follow a linear course in actual applications. It could be that during the later stages, there will be a need to revert to the first or second stage of the design process.
This mindset revolves around what can be done to improve or help the community, the client, and, generally, anybody with a problem. The question, “What can I do to help?” is often in mind. Unlike, deductive reasoning where the top is always right, design thinking allows one to explore problems individually and not just to address as a whole.
Ergonomics is a field of science involved in human and machine interaction. Ergonomists study and evaluate the operator’s comfort and safety to improve their working environment. They considerably use their Design Thinking skills to find solutions and improve the operator’s overall health and productivity. There are plenty more fields using these skills besides Ergonomics. Building up these skills will positively affect one’s way of life and the lives of others.
This course will introduce individuals to Design Thinking. It will serve as a guide to build up the mindset and get involved in the community or the workplace.
This Design Thinking Skills workshop is ideal for anyone who would like to gain a strong grasp and improve their Design Thinking Skills.
All Staff Within An Organisation
The ideal group size for this Design Thinking Skills course is:
Minimum: 5 Participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
The duration of this Design Thinking Skills workshop is 2 full days. Knowles Training Institute will also be able to contextualised this workshop according to different durations; 3 full days, 1 day, half day, 90 minutes and 60 minutes.
2 Full Days
9 a.m to 5 p.m
Below is the list of course benefits of our Design Thinking Skills course
- Improve creativity in tackling problems.
- Boost teamwork and collaboration to figure out solutions.
- Increase social and cultural awareness from citing possible people-oriented problems encountered.
- Raise morale and self-confidence after testing and implementing solutions.
- Improve adaptability to changing situations and solutions.
- Develop an initiative to reach out and provide a solution to problems.
Below is the list of course objectives of our Design Thinking Skills course
- Recognize issues in the workplace, community or surroundings.
- Interact with the people affected.
- List down their prominent concerns.
- Break down issues to work with detailed pointers.
- Investigate possible ways to improve the issues.
- List ideas gathered to resolve the problem.
- Compare ideas to come up with the most suitable solution.
- Explain selected or resulting conclusion from the collaboration.
- Create a prototype or proposal based on the study.
- Present the prototype and proposal to the people involved.
- Evaluate the effect of the proposal to the people involved.
- Review the conclusion from the feedback received from the people involved.
- Improve proposal for implementation.
Below is the list of course content of our Design Thinking Skills course
- What is Design Thinking?
- What are the benefits of having a Design Thinking mindset?
- How do you implement the stages of Design Thinking?
- How do you recognize a problem in the community, workplace, or your surroundings?
- What are the tools to be used to gather information from the people involved?
- Design Thinking Applications.
- Design Thinking Companies.
- Community Involvement.
- Group discussion to come up with appropriate conclusions.
- How do you test the Design Thinking solution?
- When does the reviewing process of the Design Thinking solution end?
Each participant will receive the following materials for the Design Thinking Skills course
Design Thinking Skills Learner’s Guide
Design Thinking Skills Key Takeaways Notes
Design Thinking Skills Essentials Ebook
Design Thinking Skills Course Handouts
Design Thinking Skills 30-Day Action Plan
Design Thinking Skills MindMaps Pack
Design Thinking Skills PPT Slides Used During Course
Design Thinking Skills Long-Term Memory Flashcards Pack
Design Thinking Skills E-Learning Course
Design Thinking Skills Online Video Course
Design Thinking Skills Essentials Audiobook
Design Thinking Skills Infographics Pack
Each course participant will receive a certification of training completion
There are 3 pricing options available for this Design Thinking Skills training course. Course participants not in Singapore may choose to sign up for our online Design Thinking Skills training course.
We have the following discounts, fundings & subsidies for this Design Thinking Skills training course
Our Trainers are Subject Matter Experts
Contact us for the latest Design Thinking Skills course schedules:
Phone: +65 6817 2530
Request for this Design Thinking Skills course brochure. Fill up the short information below and we will send it to you right away!
Post Training Support: A vast majority of training does not have any effect beyond 120 days. To work, training has to have a strong pre- and post-training component. Post-training reinforcement helps individuals to recall the understanding and ask questions.
Blended Learning: Learning does not occur in the classroom. Virtually everybody prefers distinct ways of learning. Successful learning should have a multi-channel, multi-modal strategy.
We Understand The Industry: We’ve got a profound comprehension of the business, business design, challenges, strategy and the that our participants are in and have designed the courseware to cater to their professional needs.
Course Content: Knowles Training Institute’s material is relevant, of high quality and provide specific learning results. Participants will leave the training course feeling as they have gained a strong understanding and will also be in a position to execute what they have learned sensibly.
Course Development — The workshop modules follow a systematic and logical arrangement. This structure helps to ensure that the course material allows the facilitators to deliver the course in a logical arrangement. Consider the subjects as building bricks into learning, our facilitators slowly build towards a comprehensive picture of this entire topic.