The term political correctness (PC) is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offence or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society. Since the late 1980s, the term has come to refer to a preference for inclusive language and avoiding language or behaviour that can be seen as excluding, marginalizing, or insulting groups of people considered disadvantaged or discriminated against, especially groups defined by sex or race. In public discourse and the media, it is generally used as a pejorative, implying that these policies are excessive or unwarranted.
Duration: 60 minutes
$21 99.97 $989.97
- What is political correctness (PC)
- Why is being PC crucial in this day and age
- Case Study on employees being fired for not being PC
- Being PC in the workplace
- Words to use and word to not use (2019 Update)